An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desperate_mommy

State or Province: Nevada

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS Reply with quote

HI THERE! FIRST OFF, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I AM SOOOO VERY GRATEFUL THAT I FOUND THIS SITE. WHAT A GREAT IDEA. MOVING ON, I AM IN A TERRIBLE RUT. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, I AM A SINGLE PARENT, LIVING WITH MY MOTHER. I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL WHO'S ALMOST 2 NOW, AND HAVE BEEN HEARING TERRIBLE RUMORS FROM FRIENDS THAT MY EX IS GOING TO TRY AND GET EITHER/OR VISITAION AND CUSTODY. IM SCARED TO DEATH. I TURNED MY LIFE COMPLETELY AROUND WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT, BUT HE HAS NOT. IM STILL FIGHTING FOR CHILD SUPPORT AND HAVENT RECEIVED A PENNY YET. HE HAS NEVER SEEN HER, NOR ACTED LIKE HE WANTED ANYTHING TO DO WITH HER. GRANTED, I NOW RESIDE IN A DIFFERENT STATE, FROM THE CAUSE OF OUR BREAKUP, AND HAVING NO WHERE ELSE TO GO BUT HOME. HE IS USING EVERYTHING AGAINST ME AND HAS EVEN THREATENED ME VIA E-MAIL. IM IN COLLEGE AND TRYING TO DO BETTER, WHEN HE IS STILL RUNNING THE STREETS AND STILL INTO DRUGS AND ALCOHOL. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF HE WOULD BE ABLE TO PURSUE THESE THREATS HE'S MAKING OR NOT. IM SCARED TO LOSE MY DAUGHTER. SHE IS MY EVERYTHING, AND THE REASON WHY I'M STILL HERE TODAY. I'VE CLEANED UP MY LIFE, SO THAT SHE WOULD HAVE A BETTER ONE. PLEASE, PLEASE. SOMEBODY HELP. Crying or Very sad
jdownie0424

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Here is some advice Reply with quote

I am not a lawyer but have been going through custody issues about the same as yours. My son was born in a small town and his father was from that town and i was not. his father got visitation rights and my freaked out and started acting out. I finally left the state and I was charged with parental kidnapping. I just got out of jail yesterday... i was a great mother.
Keep the emails he is sending you and when you go to court ask for a random drug screening that day. dont even warn him about anything. that is the worst thing you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: