An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I was a great single mother and I went to jail..i need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdownie0424

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: I was a great single mother and I went to jail..i need help Reply with quote

Please Help me someone...please

I am a mother of a 3 year old little boy and he was recently taken away from me in December of 2008 and given to his father in Lancaster County.

I gave birth to my son in April of 2005. I was a single mother and did everything on my own with the help of my family. His father decided to remain absent in his life until our son was about 2 ½. I made numerous attempts to try and get his father to have part in his life, which he opted out of.
In November of 2005 his father had an accident in front of Rappahannock General Hospital and was charged with 2 counts of content to distribute narcotics, possession of an illegal substance and possession of 2 illegal firearms. He was transferred by helicopter to MCV hospital in Richmond, VA where he was released a few days later.
I took our son to his home where he would be able to visit his father for the night, with my supervision. An argument broke out; which was normal in our case; and he became physically abusive; which was also common. This resulted in the police being called. All of the charges were then brought on him along with an additional charge of assault and battery.
He spent a little over 4 months in jail; including a month stay in a treatment facility. While he was incarcerated we went to a hearing for child custody which he lost. He never tried to regain any type of visitation for two years.
He then hired Leanne Washington as his attorney to try and receive joint custody and visitation. When I had first found out that his father was going to file for joint custody Leanne Washington was the lawyer that I first spoke with…how she was able to represent him…I will never know. Also the GAL and his attorney would ride to court together which I feel is a conflict of interest. I had hired a Chesterfield County attorney.
When we went to court his father received supervised visits which I was responsible for the transportation.
I was currently engaged and my fiancé found a job in Richmond and we had to move. I contacted my son’s father to let him know of the change and to notify him that I couldn’t bring our son for the visits because I didn’t have a license either. This resulted in him filing a motion against me for failure to obey a court order. I appeared back in court and I was basically forced by my idiot lawyer the best I could do was sign an agreement to have 4 weekend supervised visit and then his father only wanted him every other Saturday night. I was still responsible to meet him ½ way in West Point.
My son became a different child while having to visit with his father. When he found out it was time for him to go for a visit he would tear his clothing off, hide in a corner, cry and beg me not to take him to his daddy’s house. I would have to lie to him to get him dressed again and in the car. When we would show up at Mc Donald’s (the ½ way mark) my son was absolutely devastated.
While he was at his visit I would call at night to tell my son I loved him and he just never sounded right. He was so scared to cry. I would tell him it would be okay and that it’s okay to cry to talk to mommy. He would break down in tears and beg me to come and get him. He said he didn’t like being at his daddy’s house. He had told my son that they lost me and they would have to find me tomorrow.
As a mother I could no longer see my son go through this. I decided to give his father a 30 day notice that I was leaving the state. I had received a grant for a school and had a catholic private school picked out for my son. We went to court and the judge denied me being able to leave the state. The judge then looked at me and told me that I would need a good lawyer and he was setting up a court date for a custody hearing. I then left the state the very next day. July 2, 2008.
They had posted me on crime solvers and on missingkids.com. My son was found in Chester, VA December 17, 2008 and his father was given soul custody. I was in Phoenix, AZ and turned myself in to the Maricopa County Jail where I waived extradition to Lancaster, VA.
I was in jail from December 19, 2008- January 28, 2009 where I was let go on a $20,000 property bond. Under my bond condition I am not able to have any contact with my son’s father or my son.
My son was ripped away from his family, thrown in to his father’s house and is no longer allowed to have contact with the only family he knew. Social Services hasn’t even checked on him. He was absolutely no idea what is going on and this is so devastating. He was ripped from my mother’s arms screaming…how could this have happened?
It’s all because my son’s father is from Lancaster County, his family is from there and the judge at the time knew who his family was. When we would go to court they would all discuss what was going on in his family’s life. My lawyer and I sat from afar. I am not from that town and I had a city attorney.
I had evidence of my son’s father’s abuse to not only me but his ex girlfriend who testified in court, I had voice recordings of him abusing a dog out of anger, threatening to kill others and himself. A picture of him cutting his wrist and this man now has custody of my child?
This judge, town, and jail are very twisted. Some people may think that this can not happen but I have seen it with my own eyes. Ask around to the people here. There has got to be a way for me to prove this to others! Any person who is a loving parent would have done what I did to protect their child. I tried everything I could to get him away from him and there was nothing I could do.
They call us “come-here’s” and this small Mayberry town has not only ruined my life but the life of a small innocent child. Someone has to believe me and I will stop at nothing to get this out.
How many others have they done this to?
mommyslove2

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: im in a sort of the same Reply with quote

i wont go into 2 much detalil. but jus 2day my bf.... soon 2 b x, threatned 2 take my kids away. i went to my mothers, and hes telling everyone im beating my 3 yr old. his mother use to b a paralegal. and she knows everything about the system. i dont so i feel trapped. im sorry u had to go through all that. where does evrything stand now?
jdownie0424

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: I went to court Reply with quote

So, I went to court and they want me to serve 1yr 3months for all of this. My lawyer continued the court date because he is trying to firgure out how to fix all of this mess. I cant believe all of this is going on. I am a great mother and i have nothing but love for my son. He is my entire world and i dont know what to do!
Not to mention all of that but i was served with paper work that my sons father is trying to change my sons birth name!!?? what are they trying to do to this poor kid? he is only 3 yrs old and he knows his name. they are trying to completely take me out of his life and that isnt fair to him. how can the courts be letting this happen??
They have sex up supervised visits through DSS not to exceed 2 days per week. It has been a week since court and i just spoke with my lawyer today and they have accepted 1 visit per week and they are going to call me to set up a time. How do they think I can only see my son 1 day per week??? I am not even allowed to contact him by phone!!! This is totally killing me. How is my son feeling right now? He doesnt even know what is going on.
pinhead

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is very unfair when it seems you're doing the right thing. Maybe your mom or your father can help you out. It is very hard to fight things like this unless you have more money than the other person. just remember that your little boy will always remember and love you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: