An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

convincing family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers By Choice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiff79

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: convincing family Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I need all the help and support I can get! lol I am a single 30 yr. old considering AI. I am getting NO support whatsoever from my parents. Last night I was told by my mom "I think you need to see a psychiatrist for counseling" "You need to get your head screwed on straight" and "I think you need to have your hormone levels checked because this is not normal" You should want to date and be married first!How do I convince her I am not crazy and delusional? I told her that she has no idea what this pain and sadness feels like every day. I cannot go down baby aisles in stores, and feel jealous of my friend's children I feel so guilty because of that. I feel like I can't express my feelings to my family. I told my mom I am not a teenager wanting a baby and I do not want to regret not doing this someday. I feel that even if I met someone now I would have to wait a couple yrs to get to know each other, then a couple more to marry, and what if he doesn't want to have kids right away? I feel like I would be dating for the wrong reasons. Does anyone have any advice or ways that you explained to family? Thanks for taking the time to read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Mothers By Choice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: