An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My rights and the babies rights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strawberries_sm

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: My rights and the babies rights Reply with quote

Me and my ex are fighting visitation. He didnt follow court orders being supervised and I have proof. Yet the parenting coordinator we are seeing is giving him more time in her recommendations. They think im trying to alienate him from the baby, im just trying to protect her. And he has been pushing over night visitation for a while. I dont understand this, she is only 1 year (14 months). He is impossible to get along with, he has ADDHD too. I have now been able to realize so much of how he manipulated me and controlled me. He has an anger problem, and has taken anger management classes. Obviously it hasnt helped. I am so afraid he will hurt our precious baby. He looses control cant stop being rough. He left bruises on me from playing around pinching and tickling me and pinning me down to do this. I tried to fight back but he is much stronger. Please help. Confused Confused

He told me he didnt even want the baby, and had tried to keep me from being pg. Now he is fighting me on this. He is just doing it to get at me.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know alot about TX family law, but I do know that the State of Texas is very father oriented...

At 14 months and no overnights yet you are very lucky... You are going to lose that and if you continue to fight it, they could construe that you are in fact hindering in the father child bond.

Your best bet is to retain a family law attorney and really listen to what he or she tells you.

In the US today, fathers that are listed on the BC have just as many rights as the mother and are allowed 50% of the child's time.

Sad as it is, father's learn very quickly that the more time they have with the child the less that they have to pay. so if he gets 50% of time he doesn't have to pay child support.

The way that the courts look at it is that even a bad father is better then no father at all, and unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is going to physically hurt your child (usually but previous abuse to the child in question) he will get his over nights.

you need to sit down and start writing a list of what you can minimally handle, moderately handle and stressfully handle. Ask for him to have the child every other saturday to sunday... that is only 2 nights a month... he will have the benefit of saying he has a wife that will be there to help with her and a court will look favorably on that as there will be a woman in the house.

I'm sorry this isn't what you want to hear, but you have to realize this is no longer the 1970's and the courts view both parents as equals. If he is still denying the child, demand a paternity test before an over night is given... and also request that he start paying support and it be garnished from his pay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: