An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What should I ask for we're going to court soon in CA!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Womanofsteel

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: What should I ask for we're going to court soon in CA! Reply with quote

I am going to my Judicial Custody Conference since mediation didn't work. My ex abandoned his son and decided to show up 6 months later and I have endless messages and emails stating he wanted me to keep this pregnancy a secret and said awful things throughout the whole ordeal. We were never married and only dated 6 months.... he stated he would take fnancial responsiblity and the rest was up to me. He fell off the face of the earth so I filied for Child Support.... he didn't come around till I had heard his parents wanted to meet my son and I was okay with that so I gave them my contact info. 2 months later he decided to come around, he has had 12 a week of visitation ever since where he usually isn't there and it is he parents that see our son. In the mean time he knocked up his girlfriend and even more recently apparently married her (within the past 40 days) and made no mention and is going to have his second child in June. He live in a 2 bd apartment with a male roommate and back in August prior to his being an expecting father wanted to share his bedroom with our son for overnight visits. I had no problem with overnights if our son had his own space like he does in my home and has since birth. I do not share a bed with my boyfriend (he was there for my sons births btw) and I feel it would be inappropriate to share a bed with his father and his fathers girlfriend. I have never met his girlfriend now wife all I know of her is that she gave him an ultimatum of being with her or choosing his son and hence he did not meet our son till he was 6 months.

We are going to court in April.... the 12th I believe and my lawyer would like me to make a list of stipulations i.e he can't pierce his ears w/o discussing it with me things like that I'm drawing a blank PLEASE HELP what should I ask for??

I came up with a few but I just don't want to leave any scenario uncovered since I have a feeling when his new baby girl comes in June my son might be taking a back burner and now that he has a step mom I wanna take all precautions since she's not particularly fond of our son already. He is only 16months and though he talks he can not really verbalize if bad things are happening to him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: