An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pregnant now and the father choses to be absent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tennanut

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: pregnant now and the father choses to be absent Reply with quote

what are my rights. can someone help me or guide me to the right direction. we are not married- but was dating. from the begining his priorites are school and friends.
hpulling1982

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: My son's father was the same way! Reply with quote

Hi. It's not an easy path, but is totally possible. I am a 27 year old single mother of 2. My youngest's father left when I was 3 months pregnant and I have been raising him on my own since. Unfortunately the dad has rights regardless of if he's around through the pregnancy. No, he can't just take the baby or anything. But he does have the right to see him or her. I wish it was different because my son's father is terrible. Almost 40, lied to me about his age. Wanted me to abort the baby then claimed it wasn't his when ordered to pay child support. Verbally and emotionally abused me when I refused to have an abortion, that ended in me leaving him. No I am with a great man, a great home and all of a sudden my son's father wants visitation! The courts gave it to him!!! Our son is 15 months old! It sucks, it doesn't seem fair. But unfortunately that's the way it is. I hope the best for you. I've been through a lot of custody crap so if you need anything or just someone to talk to feel free. I'm new on here, but I think we can send each other messages. So if you ever need someone to talk to or vent to, feel free.

Good luck!!!
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the PP is correct... but as long as his name doesn't appear on the BC he has no rights... but here is the catch... he can sue you to have his name on the BC or if you intend to get child support, you might as well just put it on there and he will have just as many rights as you do.

In the courts eyes... the child is 50% his child too. and you also have to remember that anything that the dad does during pregnancy will never be held against him as the courts to not legally view the pregnancy a viable child untill after 28 weeks pregnant, and still it is not a living entity until the child is out side and has taken its first breath of air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: