An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help me I dont know what to do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatrice

State or Province: New Mexico

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Please help me I dont know what to do? Reply with quote

Please help me I'm a 29 year old female. I have four children.My youngest one is 21 months and after I had her I had got postpartum depression. I had suggested that the father of my two boy's come get them for a little while, untill I got better. The boy's are ages 11 and 9.They left in november of 2007 and I have not seen them since I have talk to them on the phone everyday.I have gotten over the depression and I am doing alot better I've gotten my GED and on my way to college. Now the problem is my ex don't wanna give my boy's back.he was suppose to bring them the first time in september of 2008, then on christmas pf 2008, he didnt show up on neither one of those dates. So i have been patient and understanding so we decided they would come and spend the summer with me they were suppose to be here may 29th of 2009 to see me graduate from getting my GED. They didn't come my ex said he wasn't gonne rush and bring them since i didn't graduate that day, but he would bring them the following weekend.Ok so now I'm aggravated the following weekend has come and he still is not here now he wants somthing in writing stating that both of the boys can go back to Texas with him and he is not gonna bring them untill I send him that I told him the boys could go back but I'm not gonna sign anything untill they are here and me and him could write it together and get it notarized together. So he does not have custody were not in the court system and now he say's he has to talk to his lawyer about what to do. I don't know my rights and I want to see my kids.PLEASE HELP?
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get an attorney. He can't keep your children from you, but you may have to realize that since he has had them for two years now, and they have been in Texas for two years they are now residents of the state of texas and will likely remain in his custody for the school year. You will however get them during the breaks, for the summer and possibly one weekend a month. New Mexico is only one state away and depending on the area, it could only be a few hours drive.

You can request he have to pay for half the travel and provide half the travel... But I think you need to obtain an attorney to find out all the laws, and you may need to get on in the state of texas, since that is where the children live now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: