An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It looks like the judge is on the father's side...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlitamo11

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: It looks like the judge is on the father's side... Reply with quote

I am going through a custody battle with the father of my baby who is 8 months old. I am a full time student and I decided to leave my son in day care when he turned 6 months. He stays in day care from 9:30a.m. to 5:30p.m. on Mon.-Thurs.We recently went to court and the father argued that my son stays in day care too long and he has his mom available to care for our son. My problem with that is I barely know his mom and I am more comfortable with being at day care since it is a learning environment and he is interacting with other children his age.
The judge agreed with the father and completely agreed with him. He also told me when we came back for trial I better give him a good excuse why he shouldn't have my son's grandmother care for him.
I already tried to meet up with his mother and I invited her to lunch and dinner and she has ignored my calls or told me she will let me know. It is obvious she does not like me. Sad
I also let his dad know he can pick our son after lunch from day care and he has not done so.
His father repeatedly reminds me how I need to take our son of day care because the judge said too...but that is not what I heard.
I am afraid going to court and the judge rules for our son to be removed from day care and be place in his grandmothers care which cannot drive or speak English. So I would appreciate if anyone out there would let me know where I can find information and I can share with the judge so he won't take my son out of day care. By the way the reason I never lived with him or know where my son is taken too when his father has visitation time.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My custody is based in California as well, and I explained the distance in traveling to the grandmother's house as opposed to the daycare that was 1/2 a mile from my place of work and that was the deciding factor in the judges eyes... round trip from my work to the grandmothers was over 60 miles... not including the 20 mile trip each way from my home to my work and back... it was stated that my child traveling 100 miles per day was too much for him. Since I didn't live within 5 miles of the grandmother it was considered excessive traveling for both myself and my child.

California Judges try to be more for the father then the best interest of the child... you need to retain an attorney... try to find one that will allow you to make payments... and also document all phone calls trying to make contact with the grandmother... as well as your attempts to allow the dad to pick up the child from daycare.

Also, you can request an in home evaluation of the grandmothers house as she isn't a certified child care provider and doesn't speak english or have any way of getting emergency care. Also, you have no way of communicating with her as well, and since she isn't bothering to meet with you for lunch or get to know you at all... you feel very unsure if you would ever know if something were to happen with your child since she would not contact you in an emergency situation.
debbie

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Make sure a complete background check is done on the grandmother and anybody who frequents her residence. If you are not sure, ask the court prior to the case if they have did background checks to this extent. If they blow you off, appeal to a higher court, be sure the emphasis that background checks should be done is entered into the evidence so you can use it as backup later on. Is a guardian ad litem involved?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: