An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my husband is trying to keep my kids!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
season

State or Province: Alberta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: my husband is trying to keep my kids!! Reply with quote

i just left my verbaly and mentaly abusive relationship and i thought we had a agrement that he was gonna get a job and we were gonna 50 50 with the kids but they were to be livng with me i went to work and when i got home there was noone there and no note i phone his parents house and he says that he is yaking the kids and i am a terrible person because i broke our family up he hasnt had a job in 10 moths i have be suppoting everyone and i took the police to get my children and they said all they could do is check and make sure that they are safe my son is just turning six and my baby is 10 moths i am trying to get a lawyer but things are slow on there end and i dont know what to do i am afraid that my kids are not coming back even though i am a great mother and a provider can anyone help me and tell me what i can do to make sur that they are not left with him right now his parents are raising my children and my oldest tells me he want to come home i have not seen my children in almost three weeks and i am the sad'st mother on the planet. season young
[/b]
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to go directly to family court and file an order for custody... and then worry about getting an attorney.

You should never allow the man to see the kids until you have an order by the courts without you present. If he had agreed to 50/50 then you and him should have gone down and filed that agreement with the courts. The police could do something, they choose not to get involved with domestic situations if they do not have to.

You could just go and take your children since there is no order, go to the parents house, since they are the grandparents... and pick up your kids. But you could get in trouble. You need to file for custody immediately.
kay.brandy

State or Province: Nevada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becarful with the grandparents too.. they want your children as much as their dad does.

still in love told you excatly what you need to do. if I would have known this before I let my kids go with their grandparents to another state my 2 little men would be here with me. Crying or Very sad

good luck and keep your head up Wink Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: