An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frustrated in Washington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kfuller02

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Frustrated in Washington Reply with quote

Let me start at the beginning, in 2001 I got a divorce. It was an amicable divorce and until 2004, when my ex began dating a 16 year old girl, all was good, we even spent holidays together with my new husband, our two children, and my two children. In 2005 my husband, who had been an Army reservist joined the Active Duty Army for one, to support our family of six and two, being a reservist he could have been deployed at any time. Although my ex and I did not always get along, we agreed at that time that he would keep the kids during the school year so they could stay in their schools and although we had a parenting plan, my ability to have the children in Texas and in Washington was liberal. then in August 2005, less than three weeks after this agreement was signed, my ex was arrested on some vert disturbing charges. I got emergency custody, which was overturned when a "substitute judge" stated I was not giving him a chance to prove his parenting skills and thus began a four year journey into hell. Last year he and his wife moved from Washing to Cleveland at the same time we were moving back to Washington after my husband became disabled. I fought this and the judge told me the kids were better off not in the care of a military member. The kids are with me for the summer, i have never been accused of or found guilty of ANY crime, I don't even have a speeding ticket. Recently the children disclosed to me that their step-mother hits them, harrasses them, has defecated in a shoe box in the car while they were there (I know, gross) and has had my son (13) walk to pick her up at midnight because she was drunk and couldn't walk home by herself. This woman has harrassed me for several years, has posted my husband's social security number for all to see online (we filed a police report in Colorado at the time), tells my children I am white trash (I am a well-educated woman and actually work in child advocacy) and has told my daughter that she is her mother and I adopted her. She calls the children "her" children and does not acknowledge me as their mother. I was a single mom I raised them with very little help and I maintain daily contact with them, their schools, their friends and weekly with my ex. My ex husband is a good dad, but incapable of standing up to this woman and my children are miserable. They cry everytime they have to leave my care. Even having experience in child advocacy I am frustrated on what to do.
kfuller02

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to add, I know I made a mistake allowing him to have the kids during the school year. We had a workable agreement and he had always been a good dad. I regret that decision every day. I only wanted to do what was best and the kids (who were school aged) asked not to be moved from their schools (which happened anyway as he was in jail and they were with the paternal grandmother for 3 months). I am a good, let me even say, great mom. I had my son at 17 and raised him with the help of my ex before we married and while we were married and then my daughter and had them on my own after we split. This is a matter of the stepmom and he outrageous behavior. The kids cannot even take their winter jackets or cell phones back to OH with them because my ex told me they will be damaged "somehow." I made a mistake over four years ago, but my children should not have to suffer now for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: