An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My precious 3 year old granddaughter has a deadbeat dad!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dina

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: My precious 3 year old granddaughter has a deadbeat dad! Reply with quote

My ex son in law is taking my daughter to court to modify child support. He presently owes over $15,000 in back support and hasn't paid child support in over a year. He got laid off over a year and a half ago and hasn't paid support. He is now taking my daughter to court for modification.

My daughter was making very good money but for the past couple of months, business has been bad and she hasn't made any commission. I just started paying for daycare and my ex-husband is paying for her other bills and she is hoping to sell the house with a short sale because she can't afford to pay the mortgage. It just might get foreclosed on.

She used her divorce attorney to help her with child support and the money the judge ordered the ex to pay or go to jail, had to go to the attorney. She hasn't been thinking very clearly and just kept charging the legal fees on her credit card. She had no other choice. I gave her $2,000 towards her divorce, but wished I could give her more.

Is there a way my daughter could be in court without an attorney but have someone represent her?

How does my daughter do this without having to pay an attorney? He needs to pay child support and if he doesn't have a job, it's time he made an attempt. I think spending a nigh in jail might get him off his butt to look for work.

I can barely support myself and now I am paying for my granddaughter's daycare and my ex is helping too. My daughter goes to work every day and up until a few months ago was doing quite well and yet still hoping the father would pay support. She took him to court, but the money the judge ordered him to pay within a few days had to go to the attorney!!!

How does she get her ex to take responsibility or suffer the consequences?

I am sick about this. I love my daughter and granddaughter and would do anything to make sure they are taken care of. I'll put food in their mouths before I put it in mine. My ex son in law lives with his parents. He eats quite well.

Need to know how to help my daughter with the courts. I would appreciate the advice please.

This is eating me up alive. I am having anxiety attacks just thinking about it (wondering how to pay my bills with this new monthly expense) and my daughter is not thinking clearly with her finances so her dad has put her on a budget while he pays her other bills. She can't afford the mortgage.

If her commission doesn't pick up again, she and my granddaughter will have to move in with me in my 2 bedroom condo. I have a roommate in the second room that will have to go if my girls need to move in. I will do whatever it takes, but we still want to get the father to pay his responsibility.

I have been through a lot and I can take a lot and have been strong throughout and I need to be now too, and I also need to be healthy (no headaches and stomach aches) so I can do my job.

Thanks for listening. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Love,
Dina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: