An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello New here, Heartbroken and prob doing this wrong *sobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debz

State or Province: Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Hello New here, Heartbroken and prob doing this wrong *sobs Reply with quote

In 2002 I had sole custody of my daughter, without my knowledge the bio-father had a court date to modify custody, The Courts never sent me a notice on this....yet they knew where to find me when a bench warrent was served. I was arrested and 100,000 bail, as he took out a warrent too for kidnapping, (He didn't even know her full name)

Judge gave my daughter to HIM. GAL worked for him and the court.

After almost 5 years of searching, I have found my daughter. only to discover that he went back to Court, again, with no notice to me, behind my back. They took my parental rights, changed her surname to his, and sealed the records.

I am beyond devistated, my heart-what was left of it-has been torn to shreds and ripped out. HOW can he do this?? HOW could this happen?

I was never declared unfit, even with the PI he hired to follow me.

There is more to this story, but unable to continue..

All suggestions are welcome...and to the Moms going thru this, my heart goes out to you.

One other thing, today is her birthday, she is 13 now and all of this happened in Maryland.
Elise12

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: No justice Reply with quote

I sympathize with you! I had primary physical custody of my 6 yr old daughter and just lost my request to move out of state from Ca to Louisiana for re-marriage and a good job.

The worst part is, the court gave my ex FULL CUTODY even thought I've always been her primary caretaker, with no complaints from him!

Now I'm forced to stay in Ca, about to loose my home and about to loose my job because of the layoffs to all of us in the education system in Ca! I can't leave my daughter....its not right that they gave him custody when all I wanted to do was relocate for economic/stability reasons!!!! He only had her every other weekend!
sadmom@pa

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Please don't lose hope. My boys were stolen from my life, my ex moved out of state; this happened in TN also. It took me over ten years to find my kids after not getting to talk to them all that time. I would send cards and gifts without ever knowing if they got them. I will pray that your situation gets better soon, but its hard when you don't have a lot of resources [ I didn't have any]. My kida tell me now that they looked forward to the cards and letters they got. Do whatever you can to get thru to your child, if you get the chance. They remember you, and keep in mind that later they are going to know the other parent kept you from them. Just know your child is missing you, too. I hope you get some better news soon. Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: