An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fighting for a Mother's right to custody of children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mel

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Fighting for a Mother's right to custody of children Reply with quote

I am a mother of a 6 and 4 year old. I have been fighting a long and exhausting child custody battle with my ex for over a year and a half. I was abused mentally and physically during the marriage. I finally managed to get out, but he has managed to deflect his control and abuse onto me. Even to the point of putting me in jail for an alleged crime that I did not commit. I am in fear that he will turn on my children as I have witnessed his violent nature in the past. My attorney is doing what she can to reverse all of this, but in the meantime it is taking its toll on me financially, emotionally and physically. I feel like I am in a constant state of panic. I don't know what he will come up with next. I have my children 3 weekends a month. Not enough time to have a nurturing relationship with them. Meantime, I am being supervised by my mother since the last Court Order in which he alleged I abused my child. My name was cleared on one allegation. But, unfortunately, the Judge still smacked my hand for placing my child in time out in which a bruise was said to be present on her left arm. I never saw this bruise, nor has anyone brought pictures as evidence in this case. My ex and His Mother are on a Witch Hunt and they will stop at nothing to ruin me so I cannot have access to my children.
Do I need to also tell you I survived Breast Cancer during all of this and am a Survivor.
I guess I will survive this as well. Everyday is a challenge. I shed many tears over my children. I try to call them daily. Sometimes they will answer the phone and other times there is no answer at all.

Bottom Line is when do I stop fighting? I really believe the lawyers are the only ones who win in these cases. Meanwhile, I have to live without my children knowing they are in the hands of a abuser. My son has resorted to yelling at my mother and myself just like his father does. This system is messed up. When will the Judicial system see that there are people out there willing to spend their entire life manipulating others? They will stop at nothing until they get what they want.

I need help emotionally, financially, etc... Any moms out there in a simular battle? M
mitterand

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: similar situation Reply with quote

It is only up to you to decide whether you should stop fighting or not. I struggle with the same situation. My heart tells me that if you feel that your ex is not a good person, your kids shouldn't have the right to stain their lives. Unfortunately, money talks. I have been representing myself and he started to do the same. The courts do prefer to deal with attorneys. He too has a manipulative mother and is emotionally abusive to our son. I had proof but he turned it against me.

I think the best thing to do is work within the system or change it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: