An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 



losing my kids

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
malyriv



Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 4
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: losing my kids Reply with quote

Confused I am a 24 yr old mother of two. im going through a divorce and im loosing my kids. i dont have money to pay an attorney and i have tried to get legal aid but no luck. i go to school and i work. i live on my own and my ex on the other hand has been living with his parents since we seperated. he just went back to school to be a pastor. and they gave him temp custody. i miss my kids and i hate just having them the 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekend of the month. i dont understand what happen and why they gave him temp custody. i really dont know what to do any more. please any advice...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NannyM



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 44
State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the reason he was given Temp. custody? It would say on the papers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sterling



Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 77
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: losing my kids Reply with quote

malyriv wrote:
Confused I am a 24 yr old mother of two. im going through a divorce and im loosing my kids. i dont have money to pay an attorney and i have tried to get legal aid but no luck. i go to school and i work. i live on my own and my ex on the other hand has been living with his parents since we seperated. he just went back to school to be a pastor. and they gave him temp custody. i miss my kids and i hate just having them the 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekend of the month. i dont understand what happen and why they gave him temp custody. i really dont know what to do any more. please any advice...


WOW, how did u lose your kids? What did you do? Seriously, for some the mom has to be proven unfit to lose their kids?

You need a really good lawyer and fast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malyriv



Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 4
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was mostly the fact that my mom and sister were staying with me for a while and my boys did not have there own room. and they do with their dad. but all that has changed. the have their own room and i was told that i would get them back at the end of the summer but thats not what happened. now i have to wait til feb. til we go back to court.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sterling



Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 77
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malyriv wrote:
Well it was mostly the fact that my mom and sister were staying with me for a while and my boys did not have there own room. and they do with their dad. but all that has changed. the have their own room and i was told that i would get them back at the end of the summer but thats not what happened. now i have to wait til feb. til we go back to court.


Who told you that you have to wait? DO you have a lawyer? If so I'd file to have the court date about this right now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malyriv



Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 4
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL THE COURT SAID I HAVE TO WAIT. THE COURT DATE IS SET FOR FEB. I DONT HAVE A LAWYER. I CANT AFFORD ONE. AND LEGAL AIDE HAS NO ONE TO HELP ME RIGHT NOW. WE HAVE NOT HAD ONE JUDGE BUT 3 DIFFERENT ONES.. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY. BUT SHOULDNT IT BE ONE JUDGE HEARING THE ENTIRE STORY? IM JUST CONFUSED AND I FEEL THAT NOT HAVING A LAWYER IS THE REASON IM LOOSING. IM NOT A STUPID GIRL I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE LEGAL SYSTEM. I AM NOT UNFIT. I DONT DO DRUGS AND I DONT HAVE MY HOUSE FULL OF MEN. I WORK AND I GO TO SCHOOL TRYING TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER SO THAT MY KIDS CAN HAVE WHAT I DIDNT WHEN I WAS GROWING UP. I LIVE ALONE. AND HE LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS. IF HE TRIED TO LIVE ON HIS OWN HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO. HE HAS A LOW PAYING JOB AND HE IS TRYING TO HURT ME THROUGH MY KIDS SINCE I LEFT HIM. I GO OUT AND I DO DRINK BUT NOT WHEN MY KIDS ARE AROUND. WHEN I HAVE MY KIDS I STAY HOME AND I DONT BRING BEER OR ANYTHING INTO MY HOME. I FEEL THAT IF I HAD ONE JUDGE THEN THINGS WOULD BE SETTLED RIGHT AWAY..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NannyM



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 44
State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sterling is right about joining her forum, it is a great place for advice in this matter.

As far as not knowing the legal system, right now from what you have told us your biggest problem is status quo.

DO you document everything? Phone calls, visits, e-mails? How involved in the children's lives are you?

What are his arguments now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malyriv



Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 4
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I TRY TO DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. AND IM VERY INVOLVED IN MY CHILDRENS LIVES. I GO TO MY OLDEST SCHOOL AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK TO EAT LUNCH WITH HIM AND I TAKE MY YOUNGEST ONE WITH ME. HE DOESNT LET ME PICK THE KIDS UP IF ITS NOT MY DAY. WHEN THEY LIVED WITH ME I LET THEM GO WITH HIM REALLY ANY TIME HE WANTED TO PICK THEM UP. I WANTED MY KIDS TO HAVE THEIR FATHER AROUND. THAT WAS MY BIGGEST MISTAKE I THINK. THAT I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME FOR THEM SINCE I GO TO SCHOOL AND WORK... SO IM ALWAYS LEAVING THEM WITH MY SISTERS OR MOM. AND NOW HE DOES THE SAME. HE STARTED GOING TO SCHOOL SO NOW HE LEAVES THE KIDS WITH HIS MOM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sommer41



Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 11
State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: losing my kids Reply with quote

Sterling wrote:
malyriv wrote:
Confused I am a 24 yr old mother of two. im going through a divorce and im loosing my kids. i dont have money to pay an attorney and i have tried to get legal aid but no luck. i go to school and i work. i live on my own and my ex on the other hand has been living with his parents since we seperated. he just went back to school to be a pastor. and they gave him temp custody. i miss my kids and i hate just having them the 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekend of the month. i dont understand what happen and why they gave him temp custody. i really dont know what to do any more. please any advice...


WOW, how did u lose your kids? What did you do? Seriously, for some the mom has to be proven unfit to lose their kids?

You need a really good lawyer and fast.


Hum...

I do think this post is somewhat harsh.

There are many mothers and fathers who are perfectly capable of taking care of their children who do lose them because the system lets parents down.

I lost my own children through the courts, yet I am a teacher with over 40 children in my care.

So while the education system allows me to teach other people's children, I could not see my own children, not because the courts did not order that, but because they were so beaten down by the system and their father that they did not want to see me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016 SearchMothers.com  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login