An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a parent without a partner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beccacakes

State or Province: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: a parent without a partner Reply with quote

I had my daughter 8 years ago. She is the center of my life. Her dad left before I even knew I was pregnant. I decided to keep her and raise her as my own. Her dad was served papers from the state telling him I named him to be her father. He replied with "yes i am her father with genetic testing" after which he never showed twice to collect dna from him. Later in court they said he forfeited his right to genetic testing and was ordered to pay support. He never showed up for that court date either. I havent heard anything since he returned that paperwork after she was born. For the past 7 years I have not known where he was. He had no bank account, had not filed taxes, had no job, wasnt living anywhere. It was like he had completely vanished. Until this past december when I found out he was incarcerated in florida. He isnt a good man. I'm ashamed of the fact that I was involved with him at all. He has now written me 2 letters within the last month and the second one was even more desperate sounding and threatening than the first. He is trying to make me out to be the bad person because "You are keeping me from knowing my daughter".......I'm starting to feel very threatened....he also says in the second letter that the minute he gets out he's catching the next flight here. This makes me very nervous and I dont know what his rights are or my own even.....can anyone empathize with this?! Please tell me I'm not alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: