An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need your help, I need your support, please help change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heather_lynn_burk

State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: I need your help, I need your support, please help change Reply with quote

I need help.
I am trying to change the law, so that women who have children born out of wedlock are given full custody.

My daughter is 2 and a half months old. She was born 11/13/2009 at 3:17 in the morning via c-section.

On December 10th, her father tried to say I am an unfit parent and served me emergency relief petition.

Her father and I now have split custody. This is a 2-2-3 schedule. Every Monday/Wednesday/Friday we switch at 6:00pm.

This is not a stable environment for my daughter, as I and many doctors and psychiatrists will agree that a child needs one home. I am not talking about keeping her away from her father, I am just saying that she needs one home, mine. If he chooses to see her, he can take her for the weekends...or visit with her almost whenever.

I am trying to change the law in my state, it would be nice to try and change it throughout the country.

In the state of Pennsylvania, once a child is born the parents have equal rights, whether they were married or not. I want women to only have rights to the child, as it would be stated full physicial and legal custody only for the mother of the child.

Please help me with any thoughts and ideas.
Always, Heather
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: