An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can any on give me information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I'm a single mother with

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Can any on give me information Reply with quote

ak91girl

Your ex does not need any grounds to take your child from you.The big fad today is fathers rights. It sounds like he is a control freak and most men who go after custody are just that, or violent and abusive. The good and decent fathers are not doing this.I believe the reason all of this started is because men were determined to get out of child support. They are getting what they want, and no one in the civil court system's give a damn about the best interest of the child, this is all about the best interest of men! Children have become no more then maratial property, to be won by the one with the best lawyer. They have some how gotten people to believe that the bonding between a mother and a child is no more special the the bonding between child and father, and any one who has given birth knows what kind of crap that is.
Be calm
Be smart
Facts only
Barb
Wisconsin
ak91girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so lost and confused. AQ couple of years ago my husband took off right after our son was born and took my daughter that is now 4 years old,and he does not pay support for my son, nor has he even made an attempt to see him while he was hospitalized, and I have only seen her once for about 1 hour because he had the police come and they took her away from me, and that was in August of 2004. As far as I can find there are no custody orders, and I have just found where she is living and she is with the father's family and the father is nowhere to be found. Is therre someone that can tell what I can do to get ehr back into my custody?
Barb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarahhamm
No custody orders?
How old is your son? How old was your daughter when he took off with her?
How could police take her away from you with no custody orders?
Walk up to your daughter and take her back. Do you have her birth certificate and her social security card? As far as you are saying the grandparents have no legal right to your daughter. Possession is 95% of the law. What you are saying is that your husband never went to court for custody, and if that be the case you have just as much right to your daughter as he does, in fact more, you are the mother. I know that statement will make some people angry as men think they give birth,some women think men give birth too, oh well who cares?

Let us know how it works out
BARB
Wisconsin
runmimirun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they don't have any grounds, then sometimes they make up grounds. But definately no overnight visits with the opposite sex.
californiamom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak91girl WOW are we twins in this...
Is your x short? small? small feet? small p----?
Well mine is and you know that say that they have big egos and that is the only way they can feel better is by threatening you. Get a Restraining order. or better yet..Tell him you are going to tape the phone calls and tape him. First find out if you are allowed to. I have done this.
emmaly

State or Province: Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: can any one get me info Reply with quote

to;runminirun,

Professionals, who hold mental health degrees agree that the lifestyle of sleepovers is such an unstable living arrangement that it takes a child 24 hours to re-cooperate after returning home from a sleepover. however the state of Ct has taken it upon themselves to build group homes to teach stability to teenagers instead of just giving them the legal right to lead a secure and stable childhood. what kind of a parent do you think would do this to their own child?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: