An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grandparents and visitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mychie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Grandparents and visitation Reply with quote

My son's grandparent's from his father's side just served me papers for unsupervised visitation rights. His grandmother had stopped calling 14 months ago. She only called once within the 14 months but not to speak to him, but to curse me out. I asked why she hadn't called and she replied that why should she have to call him when he is old enough to call her (by the way, he's 11). So since then she never called again. His birthday and Christmas came and went and no one ever called. Now, 14 months later she went to his school to pick him up and of course the school wouldn't let her, but she went behind my back. My son does not want to see her, he is actually scared of her because she is a very loud and intimidating person. I'd like to know if someone could give me advice as to what chances his grandmother has.
Randi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is two things that I could suggest to you. 1) Your going to court now if you were served papers so go get a lawyer. Ask your lawyer to ask the court to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem, your state may call it something else. What this person will do is represent your 11 year old in court. The Guardian Ad Litem will express the wishes of the child and what is in the best interest of the child. Also make it a strong point that the grandparents have not had close contact with the child. Let it be noticed that you DO want there to be a relationship with the grandparents and the child, just not one that is a forced relationship. 2) Go to Radio Shack and buy a recording device for the phone. Next time she call's record the conversion. This device is about $60 and up but it is worth it. The caller can not tell they are being record. But before you do this find out if the state you live in is a one or two party state. If your a one party state do it. If your a two party state forget it. Most states are a one party state. One the court date comes close she is likely to call you. Call a lawyer ASAP.
Likah2o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I need help big time. I am not a drug addict, I don't drink alcohol, I don't even go out and party. However I am a full time student a journalism major and mom who loves to spend time with my baby boy. I was serve with court papers last week around midnight, it was horrible not only for me but also because who ever serve me, woke my baby boy up and freak him out. He is 4-years-old. Anyhow I was serve with court papers my son's grandaparents totally lie in the papers saying my son basically grew with them and they claim they saw him twice a week. That is such a LIE. Where do this people get that from. My ex is totally teaming up with them, my ex is a drug addict and a looser that lives in a motel, has a long criminal record too, and was offered money to tustify on their behalf. I am the mother, I carried my baby inside me for nine months, no one ever helpm me but my parents. I am full time student I don't have the money not hte time for this s$%^. I am from El Salvador and they don't even respect me enough to call me Salvadoran but Mexican, they make fun of my english, my food, my religion, my ethnic background, the bottom line they are racist and have lots of money and use htat against me. They took custody away from another little girl that is suppost to be my baby's half sister and now they are trying to buil a case against me. This sucks. I got no money and no more patience. help please.
emarie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continue to be a strong and positive influence in your son's life even though all of this is unfair... Prove to yourself that you can conquer them by staying in school and never give up on your God given rights as a mother. Don't worry about their tacky and petty attacks on your ethnic background. Your own blood is in your son and that is something they will never be able to take away from you. Teach your son your language, ethics, etc. He will thank you for that! Be proud and keep that head high. Prey for your situation most of all...Is there anyway you can see a lawyer about this?
JMA10378

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter,Kendall turned a year old today. I gave her a birthday party last weekend and invited her grandparents from her fathers side but they chose not to come to her birthday party. My daughters father and I are not married but we are dating. I used to go over to their house (my boyfriends parents) every weekend. But I do not like to go anymore becaue their house is not baby proof and all my daughter and I end up doing is sitting in her father's bedroom all weekend. My daughter and I live with my parents. Since my daughter was born a year ago today they have come to see her once. I am always the one to have Kendall over there to see them. They always complain because they never see their grand daughter. Do I not have the right to keep her home with me and when they want to see her they can come to my parents house. They have been told they are more than welcome to come over any time. Not only do I not trust them with her but I don't trust her father either. They are planning their own birthday party for her & I don't want to go. Why should I make an effort to take her to them when they won't make the effort to come and see her. I'm afraid that we're going to end up in court sooner or later because of "Grandparents Rights". And it will just kill me if Kendall has to go over there without me. They don't even call her by her name which drives me crazy.If anyone has any advice please help me!
Familyguy

State or Province: Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Courts now hate women with custody. Reply with quote

Just take a look at this appeal of some rather harsh treatment in the court system ,that happened over 7 and1/2 years in court, fighting vindictive grandparents ,that got the state of Ct to enforce their visitation from the state of RI ,after a 3 year absents in the childs life',due to the childs allegation of her father molesting her during visits to the grandparents home in RI.. The appeal court seems to have conveniently ,lost some papers after the mothers appeal lawyer delivered them to the court .The appeals court also let the lower court lawyer brief them with an "I know you will do the right thing by my clients" one sentence written defense in a court he had no standing with. But guessing someone's father was friends with the decisions author in the court,from all the work this guy did defending the trial lawyers lack of work. He even got her child support stopped even tho we all know they are not linked to visitation in CT.And Ct has no grandparents rights unless they have a parentlike relationship. with the child(Like the Waltons on the old TVshow),but support was won back in the appeal. Remember ,this mother had full custody,and was jailed for contempt. Because the court ordered therapist took a vacation during the time of court ordered visits to her.. And then lied to the court through a 3rd person ,never going to court at all ..and you can't sue a court ordered therapist after..

AP84/84ap417.pdf <<Google this pdf #
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: