An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what rights does my ex- boyfriend have while i am pregnant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: what rights does my ex- boyfriend have while i am pregnant Reply with quote

Hello. I recently broke up with my ex- a rather rugged terrain relationship with many faults on both sides- although he is rather verbally abusive and controlling, and in several arguments there was some physical action. i've taped a lot of his threating messages after our many breakups, and the 'kill the baby if we are not getting along' ones in case i need them- although he's calmed down somewhat and does seem to want to work it out.

all in all i know we are not getting along now-i can't bear to talk to him- i've got a lot of resentment.
although down the road i can't see not letting him have visitation--
BUT for now he insists that if i'm pregnant with his baby- the he has the right to call me now whenever he wants- he also thinks he is going to be the one in birthing classes and at the birth. does he have a right to any of this while i am pregnant? I'm newly pregnant and i told him down the road we can smooth things out but for now he has no rights? is this correct? I am in the process of finding a lawyer
and i also plan on moving out of state before the baby is due. I can do that legally, right?

i'm an older mom to be so i really don't need the extra stress right now!!

thanks for listening!!
barbara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lana

My advice to you is to get out of state now!
He has no rights to you at all while you are pregnant. In fact I would do a disappearing act now before he gets any rights to your child. He sounds like the type of man who will go for custody of your child after you give birth, so that he can control you. The way the courts system are now he will get custody and you will be left sitting wondering how in Gods name it ever happened.
Take Action Now!
Barbara
Wisconsin
TammyR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Advice is also - Leave the state Now...and if you can don't give a forwarding address to the father or his family. You can tell your child about him later after he is a little older.
I was at one point advised by a lawyer to leave the state when I was pregnant (before the baby was born) and I didn't listen. I thought--I can't I have a tie here with my job and two special friends. I have no relatives here. Well the job was something I could have done in another state and the friends, well they would understand. If you really wanted to/needed to you could come back in another two years. How will he know where you are living---a state is a big place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Pregnant and Alone All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: