An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

afraid they will take my baby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alicija

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: afraid they will take my baby Reply with quote

i been married for 8 year. im from lithuania and have green card. my husband is american. last weekend we got into drunk fight and got arrested for cdv(which even my husband admits did not happen). we working things out, but his father is trying to convince him to get divorce and take my baby. can they do that to me? what are my rights? im scared.
Boaweth

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fight for what you know is right. Be strong and donít give up!
mguyer760

State or Province: Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If youre trying to work it out with your husband and he really wants to be with you, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

However, if he wants to listen to his father, and try to take the baby away from you, you are going to have to fight him in court. You will need to prove to the courts that you have your child's best interest at heart. You will need to show stability, show that you can financially support not only your baby, but yourself as well, that you have a place to live that is well suited for your baby, and that the child will be better off in your care instead of your husband's.

You can look your rights up as a mother here on this website, or you can google mother's rights to her child. Educate yourself, so that way you're not blindsided by anything.

Hope this helps!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: