An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you knew what you know now....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peoplejudge2much

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: If you knew what you know now.... Reply with quote

What PRACTICAL advice would you give other women about parenting, family laws, etc. from your experience?

I would say if the father acts irresponsible and riduculous through the pregnancy try to be as independent as you can and get as much support as you can handle. Don't fight with him and worry about what he is or is not doing. Just take care of you and the baby. Karma always has the last say.
stunned

State or Province: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: if I knew then what i know now Reply with quote

I would have changed a lot. I would never have let the child see his father that denied him for 18 months of his life. I would have moved out of state and not let any one know where I was. The court systems here in the USA are all screwed up.
If a man refuses to sign a childs birth certificate at birth, that Man should have no rights to the child. He should not be able to walk into this childs life after almost 2 years and recieve every right that a father or mother has that stood by their child and took care of their child as one should.
praying mommy

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: in agreement Reply with quote

I would have never told the worthless peiceof crap that I was pregnant! My mother TOLD me not to tell him. See ladies sometimes we should listen to our mothers.

But I learned that if you are NOT in the child support system then you ould be screwed becuase your child's father could take the child for posession because there is NO court order!

Then the system is screwed because they get so many rights of thier own! If they are a good father you can relax. BUT if they are crazy ans smart.........you are stuck with drama for 18years.

ITs not worth the money in my case at all! God has control of my situation because I give up its clearly out of my hands. LAdies have faith in GOd cause lawyers and judges are just as stressed as we are and just need the money!
Sommer41

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have never entered the legal system.

No lawyer, no judge could ever even begin to think that they can order who is a better parent.

What should be in place is a system that does not remove children from one loving parent to another, it should be a system that allows parting parents to both have a relationship with children, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
DianaLee

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: If I knew what I know now Reply with quote

I think about this all the time: If I knew what I know now.

don't you wish sometime that you would have had a time delorian like in the movie back to the future.
I would have definitely gone back to the day that I told my ex about me being pregnant and said..."I have been thinking about it and I think I'm ready for us to break up. It was a great time, etc. but we are two different people and we know we are never going to get married."

--My son has a wonderful stepfather, who is honestly 10 x better influence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: