An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i am stressed out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrissy081

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: i am stressed out Reply with quote

My daughter is 3. Her father and I are unmarried. I have court papers saying that he can have visitation at my sole discretion. I have always told him he is more than welcome to come visit her at our house. He now wants to take her alone ( he wont come see her here) the only thing that scares me is when i was preg. he always threatned to take her and not bring her back, and anytime he gets angry with me that is what he uses " i will not bring her back and theres nothing you can do". He says i can get in trouble by law for not letting him take her. Is this true
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the court papers state that he can have visitation at your discretion, then no you can't be held in contempt... but... you may want to log in a book when he calls and you say he can come see her and he says no since he doesn't want to have to see her with you...

On the flip side to that, that could blow up in your face since all he needs to do is go to court for a modification on visitation and request that visitation be modified now that the child is older and can spend time away from you... he could likely get every other weekend from friday to sunday, one evening during the week for dinner and two weeks vacation a year as well as alternating holidays...

Maybe you could request a modification first so that you have it written that he has her on specific weekends and times that she needs to be picked up and dropped off as well as a leway time for how long you have to wait.
chrissy081

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for your advice. I do keep a log of when he calls/ and when he comes over to see her. I really don't mind if he has visitation of her, i just want it stated that he HAS to bring her back to me once his visitation is over. I am calling a lawyer for a consultation tomorrow.
DianaLee

State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Status of this situation Reply with quote

So what has happened since?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Sole Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: