An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not sure if I belong...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuBirdMama

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Not sure if I belong... Reply with quote

I am married and have one child (13 month old son). I was searching (googled) mothers rights. I was originally looking for parental rights but only got things on divorce. I am not separated and do not plan on it. My problem at hand is my MIL (and the like). I was hoping to find and print out what my (as a mother) rights were to my child and what (if any) rights grandparents have (I live in Texas). She has consistently undermined me and disrespected me and my wishes on how I raise my child. The last straw has come and I per my husband need to keep the peace, yet once again!
So that is it in a nutshell. I would like it if I can get some feed back on if this is a good place to find out legal rights not just "what I would do's", I know what my few friends and my side of the family would do I now need the law behind me for what I want to do. In my mind grandparents do not have the right to babysit (to be alone with your child) or see your child it is a privilege. I will say I do not and probable never trust her (the way she has displayed herself) and therefore how can I trust that she will not continue to do the things that undermine me and disrespect me not to mention talk bad about me to my husband and my son.
I would never keep family from seeing my son but I do have the right to say who gets to be alone with him.
Sorry a bit of venting...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: