An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Know Resources For Troubled Children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfpontius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Anyone Know Resources For Troubled Children Reply with quote

Hi
I'm looking for help for troubled children. You see all these adds for teens and never anything for children younger. Short of involving some talk so sensationalist public agenda I really am at a total lose as where to go with him. He has adhd and several other problems. I'm a single parent with no family. His father never bothers. I'm in this alone. I have no backup. He is possibly bipolar even. That has yet to be seen. They don't like to diagnose younger children with that type of label. They say they can't be sure. I love my son and have gone to hell and back just to keep a roof over his head. He treats me abusively and he is only 9 years old. He is constantly disrespectful. He threatens running away, he has admitted being afraid of hurting himself or others (me) in the past. He goes between being loving to being violent. I can ground him. I can spank him. I can do everything under the sun and nothing works. I have no one to rely on to maintain my sanity. I spend days depressed. I end up in tears because besides putting him in some type of foster care program because I can't handle him I really have no idea what to do. There aren't any type of programs built for troubled younger kids. I'm afraid if something isn't done he will end up in jail or dead as he gets older. I'm worn out and worn thin. Any idea of help some place?
Quintessencial ONE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a movement, an aberrant branch of the radical feminist movement, which has it in for the role of father and manhood. This "movement" has been instrumental in dismantling the institution of the American Family through implementation of two primary devices:

A. Media promotion of the image of men and fathers as stupid dolts who do not father, but who are comical figures of inconvenience to the lives of their children and their wives.

B. A Family Law System which has built into it a process of elimination which extracts fathers arbitrarily from their children's lives, then forcing the mothers onto state-aid and making the child another social services statistic. Meanwhile the father is dehumanized and made into a long distance benefactor who is forbidden to "father" his children.

This insidious system which appears to serve the purpose of destabilizing our nation through emasculation, causing our nation's children to grow up in the absence of strong father figures and who are taught to be reliant on "the system" for sustenance.

This insidious "process" is not only contrary to the healthy functioning of families, runs against Biblical scripture and the intentions of our (dare I say it) Founding Fathers, but it has been linked to such social dysfunctions as promise to collapse our nation from the inside out.

Who can make a change, setting the crooked way straight? You and I can!

How? Donate and network with Michael Robinson of Men's Solutions at: www.mensolutions.org. Men's Solutions is an affiliate of The American Coalition for Fathers and Children.

Michael Robinson has lobbied to make changes, and I have direct first hand knowledge of the fact that he and his family suffers as a result of the many sacrifices this one man has made to change the system to a greater point of balance, restoring our great American Family.

We have several issues that we want to address in new legislation this next session. Presumption of Shared Parenting, Protection for Military Reservists (child support modification and custody/marriage issues), Restraining Order Abuse (false allegations) in memory of Steve Tipaldi and gender discrimination of Domestic Violence Policies.

For the first time here in California or in any other state we have had full time representation (daily, 8 to 10 hours a day and more) at our state capital. As a result we have had 3 major victories the year. The defeat of Burtons Anti LaMusga SB 730, keeping AB 252 language intact to include Navarro and keeping Navarro Published. This is an unheard of precedence for a single year.

It has taken a great deal of faith for Mr. Robinson to continue as long as he has to accomplish so many great advances this last year and set us up for this next session.

The Bottom line is we need your support to continue. Those who have opposed reform have had full time representation in our capital for many years now with huge money backing them yet we defeated them this year.

California is a bellwether state so any gains we make here will most likely have national fall out. Any donations no matter how small will help us achieve much needed reform now.

The site has PayPal so please help. Many are already benefiting from our work so if you or someone you know has or will, please urge them to help support this effort for all's sake.

Donate at: www.mensolutions.org today!

Thank you,

James D. Chamberlain - Advocate
chamberlain619@hotmail.com
dreamingneon

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Solution: Wilderness Camps Reply with quote

It's difficult enough to deal with a troubled child with both parents, but being a single mother dealing all of this could way more than you even bargained for. In these cases, you have to consider taking your child to a wilderness program. The advantage of this type of program is that your child will be subjected to the rigid and strict rules applied in the program by disciplinarians. This way, your child will learn how to respect authority and thus will correct their attitude problems. Check out more information about wilderness camps and help your child as soon as possible.
jounderw

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow very interesting movement and insight. I had no idea that this movement was even going on but I definitely see the sense in it and would love to see if anything comes of it even if it changes the views that these kids have about life, their parents, and their struggles.
giftfantasies
anasmiths

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are an amazing single mom.
You can raise a difficult child while keeping yourself and the rest of your family safe and thriving. But accept the challenge: you may have to change the way you parent.

Enrolling your child in a school that understands ADHD will be a crucial part of his development.

To help your child's development, you should have to provide an environment which has a strict structures of classes, physical activity, and the likes. I know you are lack of time and resources to dedicate to this kind of routine. So, I suggest you send him to a
private adhd schools . There,your child will be able to have thi kind of structure made specifically for children that have been diagnosed with ADHD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: