An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help!! PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karizzma30

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: I need help!! PLEASE Reply with quote

My husband and I got divored. We have joint custody but he keeps them from me anyway. I can't afford a lawyer. It hurts so bad. I feel he has them totally turned, well like they have turned their back on me. Whenever I'm suppose to pick them up he up and leaves with them. Now he's talking about going back to court to get child support from me. ??? I'm not a bad mother and I don't know what to do. He is one of those people that thinks he is better than everyone else. What do I do I want my time with them?
Sterling

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't need a lawyer to file contempt of court on your ex for witholding the children from you. Go down to court and ask for the forms to file contempt, fill them out, and file!

You don't have to put up with this! And if you don't have money for a lawyer you may qualify for legal aid. Look into it and see what you can do!
Proud2Bmommee

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legally he can not do this, it is a criminal offense. File for an Ex Parte and be back in court immediately! Call your local sheriff/state police precinct and report him withholding them!
uluvme247

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He cant do this. Being that you have joint custody he cannot withold your children from you. You need to go back to court and file a modification for custody. Make sure you document everything, days he does not allow the children to come with you and any negative things he says about you to them.
NannyM

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the other posters. You need to go back into court, pro se if you have to.
linhely

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to put up with this! And if you don't have money for a lawyer you may qualify for legal aid. Look into it and see what you can do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Joint Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: