An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is a good mother important?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Married with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auaia

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Is a good mother important? Reply with quote

A mum is the most closely related person to a child right? How come that in most OR a lot of cases the woman's family are always more involved then the fathers family?
Is it true to say a mother is more important to a child then ANYONE else (and I mean if your a good mum in general)
I am just asking because everything is mother this mother that, you what I mean everything is about the "mother"
My questions are basically why is a mum so more important and why is a mothers family always more so involved.
Is a child more related to the child? I no its 50-50 but cause the mother carries the baby and mothers have more rights and all of that I think they are like a 0.0001% more related to the mother?
nemm1

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i head somewhere a new study discovers a mother’s relationship with her children during youth is important for the child’s emotional growth.

University of Reading researchers found that an insecure relationship between a mother and her son leads to more behavior problems later in childhood.

The analysis by Dr. Pasco Fearon, from the School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences, looked at 69 studies involving almost 6,000 children aged 12 and younger.

The quality of the relationship between children and their parents is important to children’s development, but past research on the link between attachment and development has been inconsistent.

The volume, range and diversity of earlier studies made it difficult to get a clear picture. However this new analysis has been able to pull together evidence from past research to answer a number of scientific questions around attachment.

According to attachment theory, children with secure attachments expect and receive support and comfort from their care givers.

In contrast, children with insecure attachments have requests discouraged, rejected, or responded to inconsistently, which is thought to make them vulnerable to developing behavioral problems.

The new research sought to clarify the extent to which bonds between children and their mothers early in life affect children’s later behavioral problems, such as aggression or hostility.

The studies included in the review used a range of methods for assessing children’s behavior problems, including parent and teacher questionnaires and direct observations.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion... a father is just as important as a mother... and the only things a mother can do that dad can't is carry the child and breast feed.

society has created the mother is more important as she is suppose to be the nurturer... she is the one that carries the child, and she is the one that gets all the time off with the child.

If a father's family isn't as close as the mothers family it is more likely cause mom is always going over to her family to see them with the child... and doesn't even think about going to her hubby's... and with more and more babies being born from unwed parents... why would mom go over... not to mention the dad ususally has months of court before he can get any private time with his child.

Why do teenage moms think they care better for having their child overnight with htem at birth then the dad...??? is it cause they carried a child in them for 9 months and miraculously became all knowing in what to do with a child?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Married with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: