An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

% of child support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luchen10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: % of child support Reply with quote

My ex-husband makes about 100,000.00/ year. He pays 30% of his first 75,000.00 income and 10% of rest income. Is this by law? He also refuses to pay children(3)' medical insurance as well as half share of uncoved medcial or dental expanses. He thinks the child support including everything.
My children take some special classes such as piano, violin, fine art, dancing.... Should my ex-husband pay half of those cost?
#1 Dad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support is usually based on both incomes and placement time. Usually the court will order one parent or both to pay for medical expenses. If your order does not specify, then he may not have to pay. About the extra curriculars, those are by choice and decisions should be made together. If he was not in on the decision you will probably not be able to make him pay.
k&mm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're they in those classes before divorce?? If your cs report doesn't require him to pay medical or dental then he doesn't have too, but you can go back to court and request it.
HollyAnn

State or Province: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

States vary but in the state of Massachusetts it is 30% of the gross income, half of medical and dental and half of colleges expenses not covered by financial aids, scholarships, grants, student loans....One can always file for what is known as a Modification and there is no fee for the papers just a small fee for the sheriff to deliver them to him depending on how far the sheriff has to travel to hand deliver the papers. Usually the fee is between $25 and $35. Or you can go through an attorney and ask for a pro bono (freebie) like I am doing Smile and let him to the work for you.
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I know this is really old... and I don't know your circumstances... you get just shy of 2100 dollars a month. I don't even earn that much working.

If that is for one kid that is damn good.

by most state laws... most parents have to split the costs of the medical... if dad pays for the plan then mom is responsible for copays and prescriptions...

and a court will allow for 2 xtra ciricular activities... to be paid for by both parents equally. after that... then it is on the parent that wants the child to do the activities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: