An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it Embezzlement????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buttaluv

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Is it Embezzlement???????????? Reply with quote

me and my former husband had a joint account in which my child support for a child from a previous relationship came in to. We are seperated for 18 month now and he made sure I do not have access to the account anymore. I been asking him many time if any money came in the account and he told me no. I found out a few days ago that almost 4200 dollars was direct deposit from VA Child Support Services over the last 18 month. Is this Embezzlement? Child Support Services is a fed. Institution, right?
my former husband works for the government anther fed. Institution? would he get charged with Embezzlement for keeping a other mans child support payments?

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his name is on the account... so most likely not... but he might. you would have to file charges and speak with the DA... but one of the things they will ask you is... once you were frozen off the account, why didn't you contact the VA child support services and open a new account or ask to have the checks sent directly to you... you know that your ex was paying it... if it was set up to go into that account then you knew it was going there. They are going to lay some of the blame on you for it happening .

I would contact the support agency and have the support sent elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: