An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to keep my daughter away from her biological father..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HnJ2011

State or Province: Alabama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Trying to keep my daughter away from her biological father.. Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I am trying to file for full custody of my daughter and get the biological father's rights terminated but dont know how and dont know what rights he and I both have. I have had her the whole year since she has been born. He has never been a part of her life and when I would tell him he could see her he would tell me he was coming to town and never showed up. This was on several occasions. He has never ever tried to help financially and once again he has said he was going to send me money to help out or clothes and such but it was always a lie. He has numerously lied about the death of her which let me say she is alive and well thank God but he has told everyone twice that she and I were dead. He bad mouths me to everyone on facebook and tells me one way or another he will see our daughter and over my dead body will I ever let that happen. I am engaged and pregnant with my 3rd child and my fiance has said before that when we get married he wants to adopt her. As far as I am concerned my fiance is her daddy and will be the only daddy she ever has... Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to keep this horrible man away from my innocent baby girl...
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop all contact with him, and ignore him... when you get married, just start the adoption process. If you can honestly say in court you have had no contact with the bio dad for more then a year or whatever, and you have no idea of how to locate him, then they will put ads in the national news papers about the adoption and go forward with it...

Why bother doing double the work through courts to get his rights terminated when an adoption will terminate them for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: