An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shocked and Appalled, Pls help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostandEmpty

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Shocked and Appalled, Pls help! Reply with quote

I have a 4 year old daughter who was born out of wedlock. Her father and I split when she was 2 and have been battling for custody since. We decided before she was born that I would stay home with her and have ever since. l returned to school and am almost finished completing my bachelor's degree. I have always been primary care-taker and an excellent, totally devoted mother. He works and hunts, constantly, and rarely contributed to the daily duties of raising her. However, he makes a lot of money and I make none. He used this against me and made me appear unstable and unable to care for myself, much less our daughter. Given that I had been primary caretaker for 4 years and demonstrated my parenting competencies, I wasn't so worried about it. I should have known better given how controlling my ex is.

I just received the decision from the judge and I lost everything! He was awarded primary physical custody with all decision-making. I get to see my daughter every other weekend and for 4 hours every other Thursday. I also have to pay $400/month in child support (even though he makes $180,000 a year and I work part-time while finishing school and living with my mother). I went from having everything to nothing in the blink of an eye. My own daughter, the baby I breast fed for a year and have loved and nurtured in every way is not even allowed to spend the night with me during the week. It just doesn't make any sense to me. It is completely unjust to take her from me when I've proven myself to be a good mother.

Is anyone else experiencing the same? I really need to know there are other stay at home mother's out there who are being punished for it by the courts!
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hire a lawyer now... and appeal this decision. That is the best advise I can get you. and document everything.
olsencin

State or Province: Washington

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your situation so closely matches my own. My heart goes out to you, and your little girl. I think we should start a letter campaign to our representatives and news media.

My contact information is below.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: