An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there anything I can do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Becca0314

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Is there anything I can do? Reply with quote

Ok, so back in July of last year I left my husband and moved to another state. I agreed that I would not seek CS if he kept paying two bills that came to about $400.00 a month. Well under what he would have been paying. He did it for about three months then decided he didnt want to anymore. So I filled a CS order in the new state I was living so that I was no longer the bad guy when I asked for money for the kids. I was working and supporting them alone and when I would ask for help with school fees or clothing I was a monster that was trying to bleed him dry. The courts took it and they ordered he pay and set not only an amount but that he owed money to me. That was 1/15/2012. He has not paid a dime, he has been working since Feb and the CS office that is over the case it the worst run place I have ever seen (onslow county, NC) they sent a garnishment to his work told me it would be 30 days before anything happened...I called them 60 days later and they looked in the system and saw where it was stopped I asked why and she said "uh, I dont know.." What do you mean you dont know, this is your JOB!!!!!!! So they sent another one and then he got fired! All the while dude was getting paid, livin it up with his pay check, getting his own place..not sending a dime to his kids. He now has a new job and I have been trying to get in contact with them to let them know and cant get anyone to do anything about it. He isnt paying anything and they say "oh he has a court date 7/27" that is in NC, he lives in a diffrent state..what good it that going to do? Yes they may issue a bench warrent, are they going to go get him? I am doing this all by myself, trying support two kids on one pay check. I and my kids are suffering while he has NOTHING happen to him for not supporting the family that he walked out on. What example is that sending him, that he is above the law. I am at my witts end, I dont know what to do!!!!
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first you need to calm down... any time you have to call a court house... you need to be nice... you never yell or get upset with the workers there. they are just government workers...

Second when talking to them ask them things like... "well I know you all are probably really busy, and I appreciate all you help... is there anything I can do to expedite this... do you need me to get anything for you? Is there anyway I could send papers out for you... "

Also, call your local councilman, your local congressmen or senator... better yet... if you are a republican, call the democratic one... and ask for help... that your vote is on the line... visa versa for the republican.

do research... and contact the out of state office for your county which is where you should have filed through to begin with... and his court date could be via the phone...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: