An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Advice!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Posts: 1
State or Province: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Need Advice! Reply with quote

My daughter is 4 years old. She has not seen or spoken to her father in over a year. He is currently in jail and from what I can look up online he will be there for almost 2 years. He has been in and out of jail 6 times in the past 6 months due to his drug use. I chose to not allow him to see her anymore. He hasn't tried in a year, but when we stopped seeing each other, and I was under the impression that he was doing well I did allow her to visit with him. I would drop her off and pick her up. Usually when I would drop her off he would call me within a half hour to pick her up because she was cranky and they weren't having a "good time" those were his words. There was a lot of times when he would say he was going to visit with her but than change his mind because something else came up. Which was devastating to her and infuriated me. It slowly started to show that he wasn't doing as well as he made it seem, and on the day of her third birthday party he showed up to her party on drugs and that was it for me. I told him that if he wanted to still visit with her it would have to be supervised because I didn't trust her to be around him alone and being on drugs. He refused. I am not going to beg him to see her at this point I feel like it is best for her if he is out of her life for good. He has never been a consistant in her life and now that she is getting older and understands I think its just not a good way for her to grow up. She doesn't deserve it. My biggest fear is that I will take him to court to terminate his parental right and he will refuse (only to spite me) and that he will get some sort of visitation once he is out of prison. She is attached to my hip and would be devastated if I had to leave her somewhere with someone that she doesn't really know anymore. I also dont trust the people he is around and the people that he would allow around my daughter. I feel like he is extremely unfit. Is there a way that I can prove this? Is there anything I can do to have his rights terminated?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Still in Love

Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 216
State or Province: California

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should contact an attorney for a consultation. Usually they are free, and most times you would need one to do a parental rights termination. you can have his criminal record brought up... but to be honest... most courts will think that even a bad father is better then no father.

Find out your rights and seek an attorney's counsel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login