An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need to know if court is even worth it..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlboyan

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: I need to know if court is even worth it.. Reply with quote

So,while I was pregnant,my boyfriend left me and got another girl pregnant.the entire time that I was pregnant he kept threatening to sign over all his rights and kept telling me to abort the baby.he is mentally abusive and threatened my life many times in the relationship.after I had the baby,the nights that I was at the house he didn't help at all he just complained about the way I was doing everything.when I am not there his mom takes care of him.he dsnt even sleep in the same room as him.he just plays video games.the only reason he got upset after I filed for child support is cuz his mom got upset saying that I was trying to take the baby away from her..I havnt heard a single thing from any of them sin e I told them that they will get him every other weekend cuz they decided that it wasn't enough time and because they are expecting me to give in and call and say mevermind.But should I finally for custody just incase.I am so paranoid they are gonna try and take him from me.But I know if we go to court that the only reason he is gonna seem like he cares is so that his mom can get what she wants
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First it is always better to have everything written and filed. Second, his mom can't go into the courtroom, and she isn't the one that gets any kind of consideration in the matter.

File for full physical and legal custody, with reasonable visitation as well as child support.

If you are worried about the baby, ask for supervised visits for dad outside of his parents home since when he is there, he doesn't do anything for the baby and leaves it to his mother that has threatened you and you are worried that she will not give you back the child.

never call him, never email him. do not argue with him. Let him call you to see the baby, and at that time tell him he is able to come visit at your home between time and time.

Keep a log as to each day to take to court documenting how many times he has called to check on the baby, asked to see the baby and how much money he has given you in child support of the baby.

Do not ever put anything in writing because he can take it to court.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: