An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Child Support - Serving father

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonig55

State or Province: Maryland

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Child Support - Serving father Reply with quote

Hi guys -

I'm a single mother of a 10 year old boy. I'm going back to school FT and have a PT job that makes minimal funds. I have never asked for child support but with my car on it's way out and struggling to pay bills, I've decided to go after the father.

The problem is that I live in PA and the fathers in MD and it seems that the people working in the child support divisions don't care about their job or just can't do their job. I've had multiple occasions of them screwing up...they once tried to serve my childhood address which I never told them had anything to do with the father. I asked repeatedly for them to serve him at his work and they don;t do it. Now I got something in the mail that they have to transfer it to another county which takes 45-60 days!!! Are you kidding me?! It has now been going on a year and I'm fed up. Does anyone have any advice for me to get this completed ?

Thanks for your help
Toni
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to go through the interstate office of the family court system. It takes longer, and yes they will make mistakes. They will not serve him at his office you could get an attorney. They can do the filing and such through MD. it might make is quicker. Once you get to court, your support will be set retroactive to the date of filing, and he will have a back order support and start out in arrears, but the issue with that is you will not get the whole amount in one lump sum... it will be an additional 10 to 20 a month until it is all paid up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: