An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

father trying to take custody of daughter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frustrated

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: father trying to take custody of daughter Reply with quote

I am a desperate,unwed,single mother with a 13 month old daughter. Her father has just filed an action of paternity against me to have equal rights over her. He has seen her a total of 4 times since he left us when she was 4 months old and has not contributed a dime! In addition, he is not financially stable, nor mentally stable to care for her. He claims to live with his mother is mentally unstable as well and both of them are a major flight risk. Despite all of this and other issues, all I seem to hear is that he has the RIGHT! I can't seem to find any laws that protect me and my child, but can find a million and one protecting him. If ayone has gone through such a situation and can give me some info, feedback, or HOPE, please respond.
barbara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frustrated
NO hope unless you have alot of money for a damn good lawyer. This is why mother's have to unite and take a stand against father's right's. This is just another form of violence against women and children. What State are you in? We must start to picket the court houses and get the media's attention. All a man has to do is say he want's the child and they get the child, no matter how abusive or violent they are. We must unite , women are powerful! GET ABOVE THE EMOTION, STAND UP STRAIGHT, WIPE THE TEARS FROM YOUR EYES, AND FIGHT FOR YOU CHILDREN. You are the only hope they have, go for it, do what you have to do, get together and start something. Talk to each other, make a plan, you must start the action or your children lose.
Alissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. I just got into college out of the state that my daughters father filed for custody in. I live in Missouri now, but want to move to Baton Rouge to go to college and live and work there. Her father is raiseing all sorts of HE** over the deal. I am affraid that the judge might think that I am running and what not, but really I am not. I want to better my life with college and getting out of the area that I am in. I mean there is nothing here. It is a dead end road if I choose to stay here. My daughter in six months old now and her grandparents are the ones that are making my EX do what he is doing. What I am to do? You can email me at ali_cat_68@hotmail.com if you have some really good ideas on what I am to do. I mean I have court in less than a month and my lawyer said that I need to find out what I am doing and try to get it done NOW. But I am scared to loose my only thing in life that I am proud of. Please HELP ME!!!
Anastasia042002

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently in a custody case in which I do not have custody of my son due to post-partum depression. It is a long story but I am very interested in much of what is said in the other comments here. I have written down the email addresses that are posted here and will be emailing you regarding you comments. My atty. says I have to have a better job and a place of my own before things will really move in my custody case. W' my gap in work history for the past four years and my work history it is really hard to find a job now. Aside from the other kinds of jobs I'm investigating, I keep coming back to the same conclusion. We really need eachother. We need to unite, put our heads together, give eachother advice and come up with ideas, etc. Anyone interested?
barbara

ANASTASIA042002
I'm interested , but where are you living and with whom? What is you job? Are you working with 9-11 bombers? If you are not it's the only job I can think of that would not be good enough. What state are you in? If you are living your mother there is not one thing wrong with that. If you are a father, living with mom is great! If you are a mom, let's put it this way, the whole story changes.
Barbara
bfargen@jvlnet.com
Wisconsin
barbara

Frustated
What State are you in?
No laws to protect mother and child, you must have alot of evidence against the father to prove him unfit or I should say uncaring. Fathers now have more rights than mother's. WE must unite and defeat them. Men are not mother's, they do not bond with children like we do. Some times I think they watch these mother's message boards to find out how to get custody. Find way's to UNITE with MOTHER'S in your State to defeat them!!!!
Barbara
bfargen@jvlnet.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: