An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there anything i can do to get his rights revoked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lookingforthelight

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Is there anything i can do to get his rights revoked? Reply with quote

A little background information. I became pregnant with my first child in 2011. My ex and his mother forced me into an abortion- I was young and had no where else to turn. I was living with them. (Me and my now ex had just turned of age) In 2012 I became pregnant with my second by the same man. Who told me he did it on purpose because our relationship became rocky and he was scared I would leave him. I did leave and moved back with family. When my now exs mother found out I was pregnant because she answered my drs office call and pretended to be me, she asked my ex about it and he said he didn't know who the father was. When she learned the truth she tried everything to make me have another abortion. My ex told me he would do everything in his power to get my baby away from me.(all out of spite I am not unfit) I didn't have an abortion. Me and him argued a lot and he even put his hand on me. He kicked me out after he found a new girlfriend. Said he didn't care if I slept out on the streets. I found a job and I worked 40 hours a week on my feet to pay rent and it was better I wouldn't have to be around them to keep myself safe because I really didn't know if they would hurt me or my unborn baby. Fast forward after my child was born I didn't think it was right for him to not know his father- I contacted him and let him know. I told him he could come visit anytime just call ahead. 5 months after my child is born I'm served with papers saying he was taking me to court for joint custody! Without even talking to me about it. When I confronted him he said he was finding his own way around me. (I'm guessing his gf didn't want him around me) I ended up finding out his mother had pushed him to go file the papers at the court house. It wasn't even his idea. My ex and his mother try to take me to court for joint custody- they were denied but got step up visitation. He got visitation the court told me the baby didn't have to be anywhere near his mother- he lives with her though. I had a verbal agreement with my ex before I moved 4 states away before my child had to go over to his house- I really didn't trust those peopl. He told me he didn't want anything to do with the child and to not know him. My child is now 14 months and I'm in a stable relationshiip and pregnant.. my ex is really jealous of this guy. Now that he's found out I'm pregnant he's after my child again. I'm too poor for a lawyer and the court is a small court room. I felt like they favored the father especially since I was breastfeeding and they were still setting up visitation for my child to be away from me. My ex also told the judge he had anger problems. The judge said "well I assume the father would protect his child) my ex does drugs but has never been in trouble. He use to smash holes in the wall and choke me when he was mad. His mother has had 5 abortions and he is her only child. There is no way I could mentally be okay with my child around him or his mom. after all this that is happening. I know he's coming after me now because he found out I am pregnant with another guys baby. Its been since august since he told me he wanted nothing to do with the child. I feel really hopeless.. and the judge wouldn't even listen to me. My ex has no idea how to change a diaper. When he would come.over for the beggining step up visitation (requiring the first 3 months at my home) he would sleep on my couch during visitation.. I had college and had a babysitter maybe 3 times while I wasn't. She would tell me how he would act he would sit and look at his watch like he was impatient to leave. She also tried to have him feed the baby but he said he couldn't. Sorry if my story is a little scattered I'll try to reword/explain bettter if its misunderstood. The device I'm on is giving me a hard time typing this out. If anyone has any information or advice its greatly appriciated. I'm really at a loss.
lookingforthelight

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: following more info Reply with quote

I have witnesses. I also have pictues of him sleeping on the couch. By the way his first visitation was two hours. Sad that he couldn't stay awake or interact with his child a bit more. The judge favors him there's no doubt about it. I just have no idea what I can do anymore. When I asked for an attorney they said they don't offer them for "just child custody"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: