An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going to court for child support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynnmotherof two

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Going to court for child support Reply with quote

My ex hasn't payed child support since 2002. He said that he was sick and couldn't work since then. He told me recently that he wants to ask the judge in contempt trail if the judge will put him in jail for back child support. He would rather go to jail than work and pay for a child he helped make. Can the judge just let him sit? And when he gets out it will be the same thing again. Need advice on what to say to the judge I filed on him for not supporting his child.
Stephanie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He cannot wipe clean his arrears by sitting in jail. Yes, the judge can put him in jail for civil contempt, and the only way out would be to bond out, but it isn't going to wipe the arrears clean. The judge can also put him on electronic house arrest if it is available there, or bring him in once a month to monitor his payments, or if your state allows, impose a performance bond.
lynnmotherof two

Thanks I go to court tomorrow. The day has finally arrived. wish me luck. Guess we will see what happens keep ya posted.
lynnmotherof two

Late breaking news.

We went to court today. Ha it was the worst birthday prank any one could play on me. I went expecting results and got nothing in return. He was an hour and a half late. They didn't care then he told them the reason he didn't work for a whole year was that he was sick. I have heard this lie and many more in resent years, and learned to just put it to what it is lies. but the woman bought it though now he only has to pay twenty five more in support that he isn't gonna pay any way and he was suppose to get 180 days in jail they waieved that and gave him five years probation instead. Needless to say I was upset. So nothing was done like I expected. oh well I guess.
WORKINGSMOMIL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE AN ISSUE HERE IN ILLINOIS THAT MY LITTLE GIRL'S DAD STARTED HE BROUGHT ME TO COURT FOR VISITATION AND I TOLD THE COURTS I WANT CHILD SUPPORT:SO FOR A WHILE IT WAS FOR ONLY CURRENT CHILD SUPPORT AND THEN WENT BACK TO COURT AND RETRO WAS PROCESSED AND HE STOPPED WORKING EVER SINCE. A FEW MONTHS WENT BY AND I WENT FOR A WHILE THEN I WENT TO THE STATE DISBURSEMENT AND TOOK HIM BACK INTO COURT HE MESSED UP HIS HAND AND THEY STOPPED ALL SUPPORT ON HIS BEHALF. NOW I DON'T RECEIVE NOTHING FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. THE COURTS DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED MONEY FOR MY KID SINCE I AM FULL GUARDIANSHIP OF HER. HE ALSO NOW GETS 2 DAYS A WEEK AND HE CAN'T EVEN SEE HIS KID BUT HARESSES ME @ WORK AND CALLS MY HOUSE ALL WEIRD HOURS OF THE NIGHT. HAS WEIRD PEOPLE CALL MY HOUSE AND MAKING DEATH THREATS TO ME. WHAT CAN I DO SINCE HE DOESN'T OWE NOTHING NOW. ONLY RETRO BUT PUT THAT ON HOLD. WHEN CAN I BRING HIM BACK TO COURT TO GET THIS BACK ON TRACK? WILL I ALSO BEING GETTING HIS TAX RETURNS? BUT THERE IS A CATCH WHAT IF HE DOESN'T DO THEM AND TELLS THE COURT HE IS DOING THEM?
cmommy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FILED CHILD SUPPORT PAPERS OUT OF MY SON FATHER IN FEB 1996 AND HAVEN'T RECEIVE ANYTHING. MY CASE WAS FILED THROUGH SOCIAL SERVICES IN CAWATBA COUNTY NORTH CAROLINA. HE IS BEHIND 20,000 DOLLARS AND IS LIVING WITH HIS MOTHER. I RECEIVED A LETTER WHICH STATES HIS PICTURE IS GOING TO BE PUT ON THE 12 MOST WANTED LIST. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CAN'T FIND HIM OR ARE THEY REALLY LOOKING. I UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE OTHER CASES BESIDES MINE BUT THIS HAS GONE ON FOR 9YRS. I KEEP CALLING WITH THE SAME RESULTS; WHERE WORKING ON IT. MY SON IS NOW 15YRS OLD EXCELLENT BASKETBALL PLAYER. I LOST MY JOB MAY 2003,TO TRADE OVERSEAS, AND NOW ATTENDING COLLEGE FULL TIME, AND TAKE OF MY 88YR OLD GRANDMOTHER. GOING TO SCHOOL AND TAKING CARE OF MY GRANDMOTHER CAN GET EXPENSIVE. ALL I ASK FOR IS A LITTLE HELP. I FOUND OUT HE WORKS AND GET PAID CASH MONEY SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO FILE TAXES. WHAT'S A SINGLE MOM TO DO?????????
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a shame that guys dont pay child support. They have a program now where a guy who owes child support can be placed on house arrest instead of jail. I think its a good program as I myself waer an ankle monitor. If its available in your area, see if your non paying spouse can be required to participate. I got behind at one time and I now understand there is no excuse for it. My kids are 12 and 9 and deserve all the support they can get. The monitor is better than jail cause the dad can work instead of sitting in jail not being able to provide anything. Any non compliance could result in jail time though. I would be glad to explain how it works if anyone is interested. I think your site is great.
lynnmotherof two

The news is great I got another support hearing and this time I get to suggest what I want in the order. I don't really know what to say.

Brandon: could you explain this ankle monitor and how it works. Will it make it where the father has to work or go to jail.Also what state are you in and how can I find out if its in my state? Any help would be great. thanks
Brandon

Lynn whats your email and I will discuss it with you
Khrys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankle monitors are basically a global tracking system. He has to wear the monitor at all times, some come with a specific way to lock them so they can't possibly be removed without serious damage to them. They allow government officials to pinpoint the person wearing it at all times. When said person leaves the area they're 'allowed' in, IE, they're under house arrest and go to a club, it alerts the police so they can arrest him for violating the terms of his parole or probation.

It's most often used on violent sex offenders who have living victims in their area. There have been cases where a man 'skirted' his victim's area of warning for kicks and as a way to torture her.
asonsmother

State or Province: North Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a son who is 31. He had a one night stand at 18 and produced a set of twins. Mom doesn't work. She is remarried and has another child. Imagine that.

My son has paid child support for 11 years and arrears from the first year of their lives ( she collected AFDC) when he did not even know they existed. They tested so many boys it took them a while to get to him. He has always paid, even when he has been hospitalized. Has never been to court for non payment.

Oh, and by the way he had to take her to court for visitation and has been very involved in their lives since they were 1 year old. When the DNA test came back.

My problem right now is I really hate my grandchildrens mother. She is lazy and greedy. She has never worked. She has no intention of working. My son is supposed to survive on less than $500.00 per month? Meanwhile, she gets the support increased to $591.00 and buys a 2004 Yucon?

I seriously hopes she wrecks it and dies. When I die, my grandchildren will get nothing. The only way my son gets what I leave him is with the agreement that he leaves them NOTHING also. These are the only biological grandchildren I will ever have. I have done more than my duty to them and so has my son. It breaks my heart that I will never have a REAL grandchild. Instead of giving the Mother $400.00 for Santa this year and them buying gifts at my house this year, she gets nothing and I will buy them $10.00 gift certificates from McDonalds.

No more they want to play band and we buy instruments. From now on extra money all goes to my son. If momma don't buy it for them, then that's just too bad.

I raised my son right. He has been a father both financially and morally but where did that get him? I hate her and I am less then impressed with having grandchildren with her genetics!
southwest

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: child support Reply with quote

I think these men whom are ordered to pay child support and do not should be immediately jailed and their wadges should be taken from their job. The fact that the us lts these guys off the hook so makes me mad. They are responsible for their children. So many men just walk out leave us with the house, kids, cars, bills, they start a new relationship and dont care. Yet they are able to hold us in contempt for not traveling to allow them visits they dont even want.
I so want to start something for the women and children of the us for this problem. and everyone wonders what the next generation will be?
Drugs, drinking, and no fathers, the judicial system does not hold them responsible and are not helping in a timely manner.
there are more places for displaced "animals" than for women and children!!!
what are we teaching the boys that will become men?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: