An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Advice on My Situation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
only2sunshines

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Any Advice on My Situation Reply with quote

I began receiving child support in Sept 2002. My son was 7yrs. old at that time and he had just met his father. His father and I talked everything over before we went to sign the papers. He initially wanted the cheapest way out - I knew what he claimed the previous year in taxes so he agreed he'd be fair and contribute more than he mentioned before. But I don't think the final decision was fair either. He told me if he paid anymore than $300mth then when my son came to visit he would have no money and he wouldn't be able to go or do anything extra for my son. I was emotionally confused, I wanted my son to be happy about this new relationship and i was willing to do whatever to see that it went well for him. I signed. Month after Month I'm figuring and re-figuring and it's just not right. In 2001 he grossed 68k and has since been promoted. I read over the papers and I know it states that a review can be requested after 3yr. period. I also noticed he had $1750 as his monthly income. (By the way, he and the lady we had the review with were neighbors) $1750.00 just happens to be 17.5 percent, which is actually what he's liable to pay if we hadn't come to an agreement on our own. He has a son from his current marriage.
Question being, can I have this modified ASAP? What do I do and who do I contact if it's possible? Also, since I agreed that he not be held resposible for the retroactive support, is that final, too? I wish I could start all over, which I know is impossible, but I supported my son alone for 7yrs., and I don't feel like he's contributing his fair share. Am I wrong? I would appreciate any help or advice that you can give ............
CLARISSA GAYTON

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WILL TELL YOU THIS EVEN THOUGH YOU DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT ME...I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA, ANYTIME
CHILD SUPPORT IS NOT WITHIN THE GUIDELINES,YOU
CAN HAVE IT MODIFIED. I KNOW...I JUST HAD IT DONE! WE ALSO HAD AN AGREEMENT;AFTER A FEW MONTHS
I STARTED WISHING I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME BECAUSE I DID NOT THINK THE AMOUNT WAS FAIR.
I CALLED MY ATTORNEY AND WE HAD IT MODIFIED WITHIN GUIDELINES. HOPE THIS HELPS...CLARISSA
southwest

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: child support Reply with quote

I have spent over 42,000 to get a divorce and child support. my x makes 20,000 mthly take home! I got $379.00 child support. r u kidding!!!! now I was aw arded 1000.00 mthly due to my oldest being 18. He even tried to pull the "the oldest is living with me and new wife more expenses" BS.
These men!!!!! stick to your guns, in SC it is a formula they input income to the wife and then put in the amount he makes, there is a new formula, however the judges seem to be to lazy to educate themselves. Make sure you research, ask questions, in your state it may be different, dont give up. stick with it, God will bless you as a single mom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Getting More Child Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: