An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions regarding upcoming case in NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lalala444

State or Province: New York

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Questions regarding upcoming case in NY Reply with quote

Hi. I am still married to my husband and we have one child. We live in NY. We have been living apart since March 2013.

He is bringing me to court for visitation. I was never served so I never went to the first hearing, but I went down to family court yesterday to get a copy of the papers that I never received.

Husband is asking only for overnight visits and for our child to see his parents. He admits that he sees his child. He does not want a fixed schedule (at least he didn't ask for one in the papers).

I don't want her to go for overnights at his house because he has a mental condition as well as a drinking problem. He has also never asked for an over night visit since we split.
The other issue is that our child does see her grandparents. She's seen them as frequently as they ask to see her along with as often as there is an event involving them.

His father told me that my husband doesn't want him to see our daughter because he doesn't consider a visit with him and his father as a real 'visit.'

Oh, and lately, our daughter is refusing to go anywhere with her dad. This isn't just a bratty tantrum, this is a blood curdling scream and she acts like she's being kidnapped. She is currently in therapy and the therapist thinks that maybe she should take a few weeks break from her dad. I don't want to do that. Our daughter is also uncomfortable around my husband's new girlfriend and her son. The therapist says that she shouldn't be exposed to them right now. I tell this to my ex, but he doesn't listen.

Any advice for my situation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: