An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my daughter father won't give her back..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashley08

State or Province: Louisiana

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: my daughter father won't give her back.. Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I let my daughter go to her dad for the summer,trying to trust him,and now he wont give her back..She is only 6 years old..she starts school on the 7th of august..I called the police in Texas and Louisiana and they say that there is nothing that they can do..Why cant they do anything,can he just keep my child,he wont let us talk to her..i am a young mother..I dont want to be with him because of cheating and abuse in the past...I am hurting for my child as well as she is longing for her mother...The only child support he pays is when they take his income tax...GOD PLEASE HELP ME...Why dont the law help..I dont have thousands od dollars for a lawyer,i called legal aide about 2 weeks ago,and they tell me they are backed up...I feel like i am in a boat without a paddle...[/b]
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have a court order stating you had custody prior to giving him your child for the summer????

I am assuming this is an out of state visitation... if you didn't have a custody order, then you need to go to what state she is in and get her back.

How long has she lived with you in your state... go immediately to your family court and file a custody order... as long as you have lived there for more then 6 months... that is her state of residence.

But the way the law looks at it, if there isn't a custody order... then the parent with the child has custody since possession is 9 tenths of the law.
stunned

State or Province: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: go get your child Reply with quote

Go to where your child is and get her. go to the court in the state you live and get a custody order. bring every thing you can to prove the child was living with you. just hope he has not gone to the court where he lives first and got a custody order for her to be with him.
Don't ever trust your ex again.
kay.brandy

State or Province: Nevada

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: DON'T EVER TRUST YOUR IN-LAWS Reply with quote

Don't ever trust your in-laws. They're out to screw you every way they can.
I was nice, like you, I let my children see their father's family in another state.... when I went to pick them up they claimed emergency custody... saying I dropped them off because I didn't have any room for them. If I would have known about the 6 months thing I would done the custody order thing in the state I live in. I hope your got your daughter back safe and sound Smile
fifacoins07

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: trend certainly not procedures dogma Reply with quote

Within a new trend certainly not procedures dogma.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: