An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot find father to serve papers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sminfla

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Cannot find father to serve papers Reply with quote

I want to modify mt CS, but the father keeps running & hiding. In Florida can they post in newspaper, or would I have to hire a PI, to have him served? Also, last time he brought a fake paystub to court, for minimal payments. If I can prove what he was making at his 2 previous jobs, will the judge take that into consideration?
All single mothers - hold your heads high, because we are raising very precious children & are blessed to have them! The hardest thing for me to let go of is the anger I have for my daughters dead beat dad. One day at a time is how I make it right now! I haven't been able to pay rent in 2 months, but I am getting a second job, & do it all myself, because I have found out not to wait for the absent parent to help! Our children grow up too fast, & we need to make everyday the best we can, for them & us!
tina

State or Province: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they can run it in the newspaper that is how we did it
Islandmama

State or Province: British Columbia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is my first post and I thought I'd share how I had to serve my husband (we are legally seperated) with the 2nd round of divorce/custody papers when we did not have an address for him:

We first had him served in June 08 at his workplace as we did not have a home address for him - he did not respond....and by the time he had to respond was over, he had quit his job and we still did not have an address for him, so the paperwork was put back into a different file that was not closed and until we had another address or place of employment, there was nothing we could do.

Thanks to another website out there (I'm not sure what the policy here on this site, to cite another website, so I will leave that for now), I was able to obtain some very very useful information and had some resources do me a huge favour and we were able to get AT least the vicinity of his whereabouts - and given that we live on the island associated with the mainland city he was living in, we were able to serve through a family member that I knew for sure still lived there and he had direct contact with. Regular and registered mail was sent out to both relatives addresses and we have notification for sure that at least one of the registered mail packages were signed for.

Soooo....as this has been relatively recent, I am still waiting on the paperwork to be approved by a judge as his time to contest and respond has come and went - and here in British Columbia after a judge or master signs the final paper it takes 31 days for the divorce/custody to be complete!!
eufifnilar

State or Province: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy was four, and he liked pictures very much, but he was very bad at drawing.One day he wanted to draw a picture of his father, when he looked at the picture he had drawn, he was not happy. “Well,” he said to his father at last, “I will put a tail on it and make it a monkey.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.proutcoins.com
www.fifa14world.co.uk
Been There

State or Province: Hawaii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Finding Absent Parents Reply with quote

I ran into the same problem years ago with my ex. He jumped state lines like a grasshopper running from a lawn mower! He also utilized two social security numbers. When he came into an inheritance his brother put my exes money into an account in his name to protect it from garnishment. His aunt worked at Comerica Bank where she hid his money(from working) in another account that the state did not know about. This account was in her name to protect his assets from being garnished. She was the manager at the bank to boot!

I informed the courts about all his tactics and those of his unsavory family. I brought the death certificate of the party who died and left him an inheritance. I also brought a copy of the probate papers showing the assets left to him, $120,000. At that time my ex owed me $55,000 in back support. The court said they could enforce this if he was there in front of him.

I tried to contact someone up the Federal ladder. All to no avail. Most attorneys realize that local judges will not pursue these matters because when it comes time for election they do not want those with deep pockets to not vote for them. This is why meager collection efforts result in meager results.

He was a master at evading local law enforcement. He never put utility services in his name so he never showed up on the grid. However he failed to realize that one of his actions revealed his location. Most people do not realize that this simple action is a key ingredient of locating a parent who has fled.

I contacted a company who acted as a bounty hunter for child support and was able to locate my ex, have him brought before the judge and pay me what he owed me. They can be contacted at csbh911@gmail.com.

Try them out, they brought me great results and they can for you as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: