An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need advice about custody process

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzzisis

State or Province: Quebec

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Need advice about custody process Reply with quote

I was in a relationship for 13 years with an abusive manipulative controlling man who is 5 years older than me. We have a 3.5 year old boy he was born in 2011 and for the first 2.5 years of his life I was a stay at home mom. February 2014 I finally disconnected emotionally and physically from his father but we were still under the same roof. I tried to leave him in July 2014 but that confrontation became threatening and physical. He threatened that I could leave anytime I wanted but I would never see my boy ever again and at the time I was scared and stayed until September 2014 when I finally got the courage to leave him. We had an argument that day that escalated and I had no choice but to just grab what I could and leave without my son at that time. I went to live with my mom and sister. Soon after I left my ex finally made arrangements with me for my son to go back and forth between us. I started working July 2014 so I could save some money and have a backup before I left my ex. So since the breakup my son has went back and forth between his father and I. I gave in to my ex every holiday for him to have my son he had him on thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve.

The current situation is that about 1 week ago I moved 5 hours away from my ex. We made a verbal agreement before I left about when I would return with my son. Now he is being manipulative once again and threatening to take my son away from me legally and call the cops for kidnapping .

I have never threatened to take my boy away from his father I would never do that but now I need to get some advice on how to proceed legally.

I have always taken care of my son 100% he was always with me 24/7 until I started working in July 2014 until now.

I know this is a long read but any advice would help.
Thank you have a nice day.
ashleyjohn

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Consult A Lawyer Reply with quote

Your case is a bit complicated. I would suggest you to discuss the whole matter with a lawyer and go about the process in a legal manner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: