An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just want whats best for my daughter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moneyhungry10799

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: just want whats best for my daughter Reply with quote

I recently lost custody in georgia to my daughter's dad 6mos ago. now my daughter has apologized for all the lies and "playing both sides" to get her way. The court gave him full physical custody and i now pay him more than twice what he paid for for support. I was not abusive, I work 2 jobs, am married, and have a son. The court appointed a GAL(guardian ad litem) to come into my house, they had my daughter visit a psychologist, and she and i were already in counseling. NoNE of the court appointed counsel Nor therapists saw any wrongdoing on my part. Yet because my then 12year old daughter fell prey to the "daddy promises" she told the judge she wanted to live with her dad. Now she has changed her mind. Her stepmom has had her diagnosed as O.D.D.(oppositional defiant disorder) even after the court psychologist has sd she is fine & just has anger issues...what teen doesnt when they cant have their way. Now my daughter is taking resperidal and an antidepressant w/i 6mos of living w her dad. I need help getting her back but the system is sooo screwed now!! the judge went against the court appointed counsel, the supervisor for DFACS and the court appointed doctor and gave this man custody based solely on what my dghter wanted...now I have been back n forth in court since 2009 w this same issue. I NEED HELP! legal fees are draining my resources and I am in danger of being in comtempt...because my ex hubby wants counseling for me and him...(not my daughter included) and the court agreed. I agreed to go to counseling ONLY if MY CURRENT HUSBAND AND MY EXHUSBAND'S CURRENT WIFE ARE INCLUDED. MY DAUGHTER'S DAD REFUSES TO ALLOW MY HUBBY IN THE SESSIONS AND DOESNT WANT HIS WIFE IN THEM EITHER. SO I REFUSE TO GO. WE ARE NOT MARRIED AND ALL OF US ARE RAISING MY DAUGHTER TOGETHER....SO WHY NOT ALL GO TO COUNSELING...I NEED HELP
Still in Love

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry you are going through this. I guess GA's age that the child gets a say is 12.

The only advise I have for you is that you hire an attorney and have them start the process of getting things back into order.
ashleyjohn

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. you should immediately hire a lawyer to save your daughter's future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: