An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making choices for our kids - what about if we go wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsantos

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Making choices for our kids - what about if we go wrong? Reply with quote

I'm a single mom. Because I never had my parents or any other relatives to help me, I decided to live in a good neighborhood, where my son could grow independent and safely, and close to work, if anything happened, because I'm a working mom, with a demanding schedule. It had to be rental, bcs I couldn't afford buying at a good neighborhood where I live - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, so every 04 years we had to move, either due to the contract or prices. But still, I believed that was the best choice - at the age of 16, my son knows how to walk around, he is responsible regarding time, letting me know of what is going on and taking care of himself. But how surprised I was when reading one of his essays for an internship, he mentioned that "change, marked his life. After a childhood living in 03-04 different apartments, for his own family, he'd like to avoid that". I asked him about it, he said he understood why I did that, but still, he'd avoid it, if possible. I'm then thinking that maybe what I chose, was not the best for him, even though, at that moment, it was the only alternative I had. I'm sad, and trying to cope with this frustration feeling. Has anyone gone through this?
RitaOberlander

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its completely ok to feel like this, you have provided the best that you could,I think its good that he has clearly told what he feels rather than having a grudge against you all this while, I think you should be happy that he told you clearly what he feels and you should avoid getting tensed over it,after all he is a 16 yr old, you can't expect more from him!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Parenting Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: