An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is this a good idea??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diana9831

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: is this a good idea?? Reply with quote

i am currently 17 and the father of my child is 22 i am 33 months pregnant and planning on not letting the father see the child til he takes me to court but i heard i shouldnt do that unless he can danger the child.i want to do this b/c for one we were never on good terms about our child b/c he is a complete loser doesnt have a diploma or GED and cannot keep a job and constantly lies he calls me drunk and messed up on other things all the time him and his family are all drug addicts and lives in a rough type neighborhood is this reason enough to keep a child from him or will i be the one getting in trouble for this in court??
dani8581

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u do wait to go to court to let the father see the baby, it may look bad on u the judge may think u are trying to keep the baby from its father.. As far as the drugs u need to have proof of it in court or the judge will do nothing about it.. U need to prove that he is an unfit father.. when i went to court the judge told me just because i gave birth to her doesnt make her anymore mine that his... which hurt becaue i have been ther with her ever min and he hasnt so i know how u feel.. I am 19 and i have a 19 month old.. i was also preg. at 17 so i know some of the things ur struggling with..
Meshell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with dani8581, make sure you at least look like you are trying to keep the baby and father together, otherwise it will onlu look bad on your part. I understand your feelings because I have the same concerns but ultimately they have rights like we do and they will not be questioned unless you have evidence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: