An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is what my child custody agreement says. im confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esmith8213

State or Province: Mississippi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: This is what my child custody agreement says. im confused Reply with quote

"Both Husband and Wife are proper persons to have the permanent legal and physical custody, care and control of the minor child of the parties. However, Wife shall have the permanent physical and legal custody, care and control of the minor children of the parties, subject to Husband's reasonable visitation rights as provided in this Agreement."

How can he have permanent legal and physical when it says I have it?? I'm confused. help?
TRay89

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion it means if he wants more visits and you say no or refuse to let the kids visit him on his visiting set schedule he has the right to basically keep the kids next time he has them and can take you to court for violating a court agreement. It's set up that way to insure that he can always see the children. Another example would be if the children told him something bad is going on at home, he can make the choice to not give them back to you. Last example the children all of a sudden want to live with him, if he's ok with that he can keep them his next visit and not send them back to you. It would have to go to court for the situation to be revaluated if any scenarios like this occurs.
ashleyjohn

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did your attorney say?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: