An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Military and Child Custody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lotsofhope

State or Province: Arizona

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Military and Child Custody Reply with quote

My friend and her husband are getting a divorce, but no papers have been filed. He's in the Army and they currently reside in Kentucky but are from Arizona. She wants to move back to AZ ASAP. Her husband is not currently deployed but will be this Fall. I've advised her to stay in KY for now and not move as I'm afraid she could be charged with parental kidnapping. She's certain the courts won't give her husband custody anyway because he's in the military and currently suffering from some mental health issues.

So would she legally have to stay in Kentucky until custody is decided to avoid kidnapping charges? Can she move when her husband deploys? Also, they leave near the Tennessee boarder and often cross lines to go to the bank and stores and stuff. Is that still considered crossing state lines?

To note, he also told her he was going to fight for full custody and make a family care plan for when he's deployed (thus leaving her with non family members). My friend is stable, she has a good job and nothing about her would raise red flags to warrant removing all custody from her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Family Law Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: