An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I wrong for no over night trips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esmith8213

State or Province: Mississippi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Am I wrong for no over night trips? Reply with quote

So ill try to sum it up as short as i can.

My ex husband and i got pregnant back in 2012. I was Due in aug. When he found out i was pregnant he did the dumbest thing ever to me, he took a job that was more than 14 hours away from my family. I knew that i needed help with my baby and i knew he was not going to give it to me. basically, i found out when i was half way through my pregnancy i was having a baby with the wrong man. So i went home to have my baby. I never moved back in with my husband. When he did come to visit, i knew i was right about the help. He never feed the baby, never offered to change a diaper(even when i asked him to do it he wouldn't) when the baby would wake up crying at night, he would look over at him and roll back over and go to sleep. when the baby got a little older and he came to visit, my ex would sit on the computer and ignore the baby. so i started falling out of love with him. so i told him i wanted to get divorced. he was so not for it, he tried to fight but i just didn't want him. our last trip together was Christmas of 2014. we took a trip for a little over a week. never once changed a diaper or played with the child. so when he brought me back home and he went back home, he didn't see the baby for 8 months. when my son's birthday came in aug he came for a few hours for his birthday. a month after that, he came for a visit. took the baby for 4 hours brought him back. did this once more.

OK! With that being said, here is my issue. He asked me when could he come, spend the night and let my son stay the night. Ugh, im a little uncomfortable with this bc he doesn't know a damn thing about the kid. doesn't know what he eats, doesn't like to change diapers, doesn't know how to get him to sleep. but, i would let that go. He goes i want to take him for a few days for my Christmas break. Um, what? He lives 4 hours away. I am not going to let my son go that far away with a man that my son honestly doesn't know. my ex has a history of drinking heavily, and smoking weed a lot. I do NOT want my son down there with him. I have full custody and Physical custody. so my question is am i wrong for not wanting(letting) my son go with him? what would you do in my situation?
SOrry it was so long. but thank you for reading.
ashleyjohn

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

esmith8213, did you give him divorce?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Single Moms with Custody All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: