An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Mom & Physical Therapist~NEW Baby Toy Makes Tummy Ti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EEM81

State or Province: Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: New Mom & Physical Therapist~NEW Baby Toy Makes Tummy Ti Reply with quote

Does your baby not like doing “tummy time”? Are you at a loss of what to do to make “tummy time” more enjoyable for your baby? Do you feel like you have tried every toy out there to make tummy time more fun and nothing seems to work? After I had my first child, I answered “yes” to all of these questions and if you answered “yes” to any of these questions, I believe I have the solution for you!

I am a first-time mom as well as a physical therapist.    After having my son in 2016, I was inspired to create a tummy time toy that would make doing “tummy time” more fun for babies. Having worked with children for 13 years as a Physical Therapist, I have seen the struggles babies go through learning to get comfortable playing on their stomachs and the struggles parents go through trying to make this playtime experience more enjoyable for their baby.  As a new mom, I was on the lookout for “THE” toy which would help my son, Holden, enjoy doing “tummy time” longer, but I could not find what I was looking for. I discovered that the toys out there required me to modify them or prop my son up so that he could actually use the toy.  They also lacked a variety of play features that would help to engage and entertain my son during tummy time play.

So my husband and I used several toys together during tummy time that had features Holden liked (e.g. mirror, music, contrasting color patterns, and soft lights). This required all of our hands to hold the toys in place and to switch the toys in and out in order to distract Holden long enough so that he would continue to play on his stomach longer.  Since our hands were occupied with holding the toys up during tummy time, this made it difficult to actually play and interact with our son during tummy time.  So given these issues, we decided to design a SINGLE toy we thought would make tummy time more enjoyable for babies as well as make it easier on parents to play with their child during tummy time.

I would like to introduce to you my new product, MirrorscapeTM, a toy that babies will love and parents will want! Mirrorscape’sTM features reflect child development research and are designed to meet the unique interests of babies. MirrorscapeTM offers a combination of engaging and entertaining features unavailable in other toy mirrors. Mirrorscape’sTM provides parents with an easy way to make tummy more fun for their baby.  It also provides parents an easier way to play with their baby during tummy time.

Tummy time is so important for babies to do as it promotes brain development and helps babies progress towards important developmental milestones (i.e. rolling, sitting, crawling, etc) more quickly.  This is a much needed toy that should to be available to help babies be successful with doing “tummy time” and give parents an easy way to engage and play with their baby during tummy time.    

I would love to make this product available to parents with babies everywhere!  I will be launching a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter in late May 2017; therefore, I thought I would reach out and let everyone know if: you or someone you know who is having a baby, has a baby or is a child care provider, that MirrorscapeTM is a MUST-HAVE toy!  The more people that know about this new product and support it on Kickstarter, the greater the chance this toy can become a reality! To learn more about my product and to sign up to be notified with the Kickstarter campaign starts (so you can buy it):  check out my product's Facebook page--search for Mirrorscape!

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks! Erin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: