An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about paternal rights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hail21

State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Questions about paternal rights Reply with quote

I'm currently 7 months pregnant. When I first found out, the father and I were together we were excited. The night I told my mom, he freaked out on me and verbally beat me down trying to convince me to get an abortion. I agreed because of how badly he made me feel. I thought it over and changed my mind. He didn't talk to me for three days then left me. I was fine with being single. But then it was a constant back and forth of "I want to be together" then back to "never mind". He went to the second ultrasound. He didn't talk to me the entire time. He was completely silent. Then, he started getting upset when my mom wouldn't tell him the gender because it was supposed to be a reveal to me at a party. He threw a fit and so I agreed that he can know. After that, he put in his ear buds and kind of sat there like that until a new doctor came in. The doctor told us that the baby has cysts in his brain that could be fatal. I had to get my blood tested. As I was in the back room getting blood drawn, he up and left the appointment without saying a word. I didn't know he was gone until I went back to the waiting room and saw he wasn't there.

After that, he didn't bother to text me or call me asking if I was okay. He texted me two weeks later asking about the bloodwork. I said the results came back good and I left it at that. Nothing more nothing less.

A couple weeks ago we were in the car because I agreed to see him because he wouldn't stop bothering me about it. He rear ended someone as I was in the car. Then acted like it was nothing.

Last time we talked, he got upset with me that I wasn't giving my baby his last name. He asked if I would be with him, which I said no again.

I have a ton of screenshots of him doing drugs and drinking and he has now started smoking. He also has gotten kicked out of his house for drugs. He is not doing well in school. He just got his first job a couple months ago, whereas I have been working ever since I was old enough.

I don't want it around my baby. I also want to move. I want him to have very little say in decisions for the baby. What should I do? Should I take all of the screenshots to a lawyer? Can I move after the baby is born? I really need help with all of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: